Disabling Microtonic Sequencer

Fmt Raphaël313 views3 posts
  • Fmt Raphaël

Hi,

I am controlling Microtonic in Ableton using MIDI, firing MIDI notes at it using custom scripts. However, various events (such as pressing play on Ableton) are triggering the internal sequencer. Is there a way to disable it globally and consistently? I do not want to use it or to trigger it by accident. My script is also triggering program changes, which can then lead to another internal pattern starting.

So far I have tried:

• not sending a MIDI note above the C-1 / C2 range.
    • double clicking the stop button (temporary solution) but patterns will still play after program change.

TLDR: I want to get rid of the internal sequencer, just keeping the synthesis and MIDI triggering part. How can I do so?

Thanks! What an incredible drum machine!

• Magnus Lidström

Go into Edit MIDI CC / Keys from the main menu and disable the midi notes for the pattern choices and the stop button. Like this:

After this you can go into MIDI Config and click Make Default

• Jko Ggl

How can I make this work with BeatSpace? I want to sequence the midi outside of BeatSpace/Microtonic

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.