All products updated

Magnus Lidström19 414 views46 posts
  • Magnus Lidström

We are happy to announce that updates are available for all of our commercial products (Microtonic, Synplant, Bitspeek, Permut8, and Echobode).

Besides bug fixes and improved compatibility with the latest Windows and macOS versions, all plugins now have native support for "Apple Silicon".

To update, simply download and run the multi-installer from our download page.

Notice that the Mac updates require macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) or later.

Finally, Microtonic now officially supports "alternative skins", and if you own Microtonic you can download a package containing 11 new looks for your favorite virtual drum machine.

Have fun and never stop making music!

/ Magnus

• JBDS1

Thank You

• JFrank

foolishly I updated without thinking and without any real need (admittedly I was tempted by the skins!) macOS Sierra - any quick fix solutions for me or should I just revert to 2020.09.29?

Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 14.08.25.png
  • Magnus Lidström

Is this Sierra? MacOS 10.13 you say?

Very strange, because we do support 10.13 and have tested compatibility quite thoroughly. Which version of Live? How does the standalone of Microtonic look?

• JFrank

High Sierra is 10.13 I am on the previous one Sierra 10.12.6 / Ableton live 9 standard - standalone looks normal

• Joey Luck

After updating and trying to use the SkinChooser on Microtonic, I got these errors that popped up one after the other and I can't choose a skin or see them. The same thing happened with the standalone version and VST.

I verified that Microtonic 3.3.3 is installed for both.

I am on macOS Catalina, 10.15.7

I didn't have this issue with the beta. Is it perhaps related to having the beta installed previously? The fact that it looks like only 5 skins might be available tells me it might be related? Was there something else I should've done before installing the stable release?

• Joey Luck

Sorry I attached some images, but they don't look like they posted.

Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 2.02.33 PM.png

There were 3 more like this that said:
    Invalid Numbstrict at line 10 column 27 (offset 291)
    Invalid Numbstrict at line 10 column 27 (offset 297)
    Invalid Numbstrict at line 10 column 29 (offset 294)

Then it looks like this:

Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 2.10.35 PM.png
  • Joey Luck

Nevermind! I misread / didn't read completely.

I updated the scripts and skins and it's of course working :)

• Magnus Lidström

- JFrank wrote:
    High Sierra is 10.13 I am on the previous one Sierra 10.12.6 / Ableton live 9 standard - standalone looks normal

I don't know why the graphics turn out this way in 10.12, but my guess is it has something to do with the newer SDK that is required to support the Arm processor.

In short: we cannot easily support 10.12 and also offer Arm compatibility.

I suggest you install the older versions again. They can be found under "Old archived versions" on the download page.

• JFrank

No worries Magnus!
    I have been told I am quite the luddite!
    Anyway thanks for looking into it, I already reinstalled 2020.09.29 and everything works perfectly as it always has.

• Marc Hoppe

I'm on Windows here so if my Sonic Charge plugins are working now is there really a reason to update? If it ain't broke....

Will these updates break Microtonic skins? I've done a couple of edits I really like so would prefer not to lose them.

But thanks for the updates. It's always nice to see active development from any company.

• Fredrik Lidström

- Marc Hoppe wrote:
    Will these updates break Microtonic skins? I've done a couple of edits I really like so would prefer not to lose them.

Most likely yes. I changed the bounds and alignment on a lot of image resources between 3.3.2 and 3.3.3. You can stay on the previous version, but if you want to update your skins, I documented the changes over here.

• pete

I`m still happily crushing it with Windows 7 64bit.

Is it ok to go ahead and update all my SC plugins anyway?

• Fredrik Lidström

- pete wrote:
    I`m still happily crushing it with Windows 7 64bit.
    Is it ok to go ahead and update all my SC plugins anyway?

Yes

• Marc Hoppe

- Fredrik Lidström wrote:

I changed the bounds and alignment on a lot of image resources between 3.3.2 and 3.3.3. You can stay on the previous version, but if you want to update your skins, I documented the changes over here.

Ok thanks. Looks like a pretty complicated process to update older skins. Are Lars-Erik and Ploki updating their skins? If so I'll just wait to update Microtonic until they release updates. I'm using an edited version of the Gin and Tonic skin now.

• Theo B

hey! I already have Permut8 running perfectly on Apple Silicone (MB pro 2021 version). Is there any reason I should update?

• Chaz III

thanks for all of your hard work over the years guys!

apologies in advance if you've ever addressed this, and i'm sure it's not a priority but do y'all have any plans on updating cyclone? on macOS Monterey if you try to open Cyclone it will either crash Ableton or it will open but the menu display will be frozen in place.

• Fredrik Lidström

- Marc Hoppe wrote:
    Are Lars-Erik and Ploki updating their skins? If so I'll just wait to update Microtonic until they release updates. I'm using an edited version of the Gin and Tonic skin now.

They have already updated their skins for 3.3.3 on the github repository, they're the ones included in the latest skin installer.

• Beepsonore Beep

Pardonnez-moi, mais y aura-t-il une grosse mise à jour de symplant pour les automatisations des gènes ?

• Fredrik Lidström

- Beepsonore Beep wrote:
    Pardonnez-moi, mais y aura-t-il une grosse mise à jour de symplant pour les automatisations des gènes ?

It's a planned feature for Synplant 2

• Jazzyspoon

Thank you! Can't wait to play with these later this week.

• larserik

Congratulations on the release. Love the new look and feel of the skin chooser in Microtonic.

• Fredrik Lidström

- Theo B wrote:
    hey! I already have Permut8 running perfectly on Apple Silicone (MB pro 2021 version). Is there any reason I should update?

Feature-wise for Permut8, not really. But I'm pretty sure that the reduced overhead (Rosetta) by running native ARM code will result in better performance and lower energy usage.

- Chaz wrote:
    ... do y'all have any plans on updating cyclone?

"Someday"

• Hector HP

Thank you so much, I absolutely love your plugins been there from day one. This is just fantastic!

• Frank Heller

I would like to note that Microtonic 3.3.3 will not run natively on Cubase 12 on an M1 Mac if Cubase 12 is launched to run natively. This is obviously because there isn't a vst3 build of MIcrotonic and Steinberg is restricting all native plug-ins to be vst3 only if they expect to run in Cubase 12 natively. Not a complaint....just an observation.

However, Microtonic 3.3.3 runs perfectly in Cubase 12 if Cubase is launched in Rosetta mode.

• Sascha Kloeber

Comeon... Still no chance for record automation on DNA in Synplant. To me it make the plugin useless. 12 Years ago you guys answered that you are working on a update and "try to solve the automation problem".

• Fredrik Lidström

- Sascha Kloeber wrote:
    12 Years ago you guys answered that you are working on a update and "try to solve the automation problem".

Yes, automation for the DNA has turned out to be something we will not solve with an easy update. It's a planned feature for Synplant 2, which has taken a lot of time, as it is the hardest project we've ever worked on.

For Synplant, this update brings no new features. Consider it a service update to make sure it runs on new Macs in the future. It's hopefully the last update we will have to retrofit to the Synplant 1 project.

• Aj0

Personally, Synplant 2 is my most awaited VST development. One imagines the eventual release will realise in full the potential hinted at by version 1 - particularly by fetching automation for the DNA! Not to say Synplant 1 is a weak strain of sonic wonder, far from it.

So good to learn you are patiently progressing Synplant 2.

• Marc Hoppe

I get the following message after updating Microtonic, Win 10 21H1:

Mtonic 040122-1.png

EDIT: I had some old skins in the folder. That appears to be the reason.

• C.A.P.

@Sonic Charge Dev´s - WOW, FAT respect, these Skins looking great !!! KISSKISS* ;)

• thook

Updated ! Looks to be working fine. Curious if the beta for 2.0 is still progress?

• Harri Erametsa

Where can I find the changelogs of the latest updates?

• Fredrik Lidström

All the small technical changes we do to our framework (that affect more or less all products) are never documented in detail. But towards the end of each product's user guide, we have a "Change History" section where you find the changes worth mentioning. Links to the user guides can be found on the product pages.

• thook

Would love to beta Synplant2 if its available for closed testing!

• Geoff Lee

Ditto on Beta for Synplant, PC system, Win 10, Cubase 12. Also happy to program presets.

• Sebastian I. Hartmann

Guys. I totally love your products, but - can i turn this off without updating? Yes, i am the partypooper. But - can i please not have a nag popup on Echobode anymore?

• Magnus Lidström

- Sebastian I. Hartmann wrote:
    Guys. I totally love your products, but - can i turn this off without updating? Yes, i am the partypooper. But - can i please not have a nag popup on Echobode anymore?

Turn off the update checks?

Yeah:

• Sebastian I. Hartmann

@Magnus - thank you so much!

• Alexander Stoffa

A beta for the people who have waited a decade for automation would be muchhhhh appreciated!

• Bichuelo Audiotecna

I just installed it and those skins are sweet! There should be some resembling the now vintage Rebirth skins

• Chris Gilcher

Hoping for a VST3 port of Microtonic. Can't use it in Cubase 12.

• Trung Tran

Can you please upload the upgrade for Mac OS 10.12?

• Roman Gutarev

- Chris Gilcher wrote:
    Hoping for a VST3 port of Microtonic. Can't use it in Cubase 12.

I think Steinberg needs to move on and embrace CLAP at this point though 😅

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.