Keeping 8 preferable patches 'locked' in place

Quinn Young73 views3 posts
  • Quinn Young

January 10th 2022. Florida, usa

Is it possible to save all 8 channels as, "locked" in, so that when you select a new preset from the browser, your personal custom patches in all 8 channels will still remain, being used in place of the newly chosen preset.?

If this isn't an available function, can it be coded into uTonic to begin existing?

I'm inquiring this, because it seems like it would be useful to have 8 preferred patches laid out, to use with any other available rhythmic beats to select from.

• Magnus Lidström

In the preset browser you can find a popup that lets you choose to only load patterns (or patches):

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 03.02.41.png

Maybe it is not exactly what you asked for (since it only works from the file browser), but perhaps it helps?

• Quinn Young

Much appreciated for the quick reply Magnus. :)

I devised a decent work-around to achieve the task I was seeking.
    Having 1 instance of utonic set up with 8 preferrable patches, and a 2nd instance to browse beats with, and simply c&p the pattern desired from the matrix editor into the 1st instance matrix editor.

This technique satisfies the goal I was imagining possible. Very cool & good.
    Continue the fine works :) !!

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.