Sync PO-32 to a DAW.

Luis Bicho570 views9 posts
  • Luis Bicho

Is there a way to sync a PO-32 to an DAW (reason studios) with the function sync??

• Luis Bicho

TRS-MIDI Cable type A, does this helps!???

• Luis Bicho

Good morning, Have a Musical New Year 2022, i need to know a few things i read the Guide several times to get an approach to what i can get from mine PO-32, I want to sync this PO knowing that in the stereo (3.5 TRS) if having the Metronome click signal on the Left and the Mono channel right for the audio and wanting to sync with Reason Studios as the Primary device and PO-32 the Secondary Device i can´t get any signal, I got an Steinberg UR-MKII with 1 Output TRS Plug 6.30mm and the device connected to a Behringer 802 with the signal passing to Monitor Audio. It works well. Rising the notch, I want to work on a project where I use the sync MIDI Traditional from Reason Soft device to control the PO-32 (Play/Stop or even sequencing and automation) but until know no success in achieving a signal from the pocket operator since I can´t make Reason to recognize the Device. If I can´t make Reason to recognize even the signal Metronome I can´t use this TRS mini plug to midi din5 Type A as well. Any chance to help me do this setup, Reason Studios as Primary and Pocket as Secondary, with proper connections. Thanks in advance
    Kind musical moments.

• Magnus Lidström

The pocket operators only syncs to an audio pulse (think "click track"). It can't respond to anything as sophisticated as song start / stop etc. I remember I successfully got mine to sync with Ableton by loading a sample of a very short click into a sampler and trigger it with a repeating 1/8th note. It should be possible in Reason too.

If I remember correctly I was even able to make a click sound in Microtonic. But I can't find any of these files now. Let me know if you are interested and I'll have a go at it again.

Since these solutions use up an audio channel they are best if you have a multi I/O audio interface.

What I normally do instead is to use a device like Korg Volca to convert MIDI sync input to clock output.

• Luis Bicho

Good afternoon, I am interested, and, just installed an old Echo PCi card and I will have a go on recording that click track and play it thru an audio loop or sampler, I will feedback to this post later. Thanks again,
    I think I heard that click track on SYNC 01 on the pocket operator.

• Luis Bicho

Hello again, can a Pocket operator be connected to a Modal Craft 2.0?

• Mike Bosch

Hi, if you got an iPhone you can download Korg Synckontrol, it is a free app and got Ableton link for syncing to Ableton. It works with the PO's and does a very good job. I use it with an old iPhone 4s that I had collecting dust somewhere and that now has found another task as a sync device for my PO-32 and PO-33.

• William Sharkey

If you synch via the 8th note click sounds, can one unplug the synch source and it continues using the last phase and bpm of the source? So it can stay in synch for awhile depending on the precision of the bpm measurement?

(also, there is a bit of a creative opportunity here, if one were to manually trigger clicks for artistic purposes. Not sure how much milage one could get out of such an experiment.)

• Mike Bosch

Interesting, definitely worth to try out. I will give it a go this weekend and see how long that could work. Might also try a clip with a loop and a click sound that would be send to the PO and see if it will follow the BPM that way.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.