CLAP a new plugin format

Alexey Sobolev532 views8 posts
  • Alexey Sobolev

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=574861

https://github.com/free-audio

Hello

Recently Urs Heckman announced a new standard plugins with a license and in my opinion this is an interesting perspective. A question for sonic charge: are there any plans to support this format in the foreseeable future?

thnx!

• Trinitou

Yeah, would also be very interested whether CLAP support is planned!

E.g. for Synplant 2 ?
    Especially with preset browsing from Bitwig that would be awesome, I imagine!

• Lukas Wagenhäuser

Yes. Clap would indeed be great. As an alternative to VST(3/i) it seems to be more suitable for multicore Tasks - and it's open source - I don't know how Steinberg proceeds with development and non-Steinberg developers. But a modern plugin-format isn't quite bad. The only question that comes to mind is, if the effort is too big.

• NextDAW

I plan to adopt CLAP format for every plugin I own, as and when each plugin gets a stable CLAP release. I don't use Cubase or any other Steinberg software, so there's really no reason to continue using their VST/VST3 audio plugin formats. The future is CLAP! :)

• Akod

There are valid reason to opt for a format/standard with a stewardship that's not the narrow one of Steinberg. And I believe there are great technical innovations too in CLAP.

From a user perspective, non-destructive modulation comes to mind for instance, amongst many.

So I too hope CLAP is being considered by one of the finest plugin maker in my mind...

• REeee

- Akod wrote:
    There are valid reason to opt for a format/standard with a stewardship that's not the narrow one of Steinberg. And I believe there are great technical innovations too in CLAP.
    From a user perspective, non-destructive modulation comes to mind for instance, amongst many.
    So I too hope CLAP is being considered by one of the finest plugin maker in my mind...

Yes please!

• NextDAW

Yes, I fully agree. We need to move away from Steinberg's proprietary audio plugin format. The sooner the better.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.