Microtonic 3.3.2 (public beta update)

Fredrik Lidström1 708 views25 posts
  • Fredrik Lidström

It's getting time to wrap up this beta. We've made some minor fixes, skin support updates, and polished some GUI resources. If nothing major shows up within the next couple of weeks, this version is good for release!

Mac: Sonic Charge Microtonic.dmg
    Windows: Sonic Charge Microtonic Win.zip

This update will mess up positioning on custom skins that were made for the previous beta. Make sure you download and use the latest skins. To make it easier, we have a test version of the official skin installer ready, including a "brand new" skin!

Mac: Microtonic Skins.dmg
    Windows: Microtonic Skins.zip

If you've created your own skin, read about the graphic resource changes here. The .mtskin config file has also been replaced by a .scskin file with a slightly different format.

update: new downloads in post below...

• Tom Mosler

Thank you. Legacy - so cool :)

• Manuel Senfft

Seems to work here on my end. Thanks for the update. The legacy skin, haha. :D Unfortauntely I wasn't on board back then, but it looks funny. Still looooving the dark skin, though. <3

• larserik

cheers.png
  • SIC

Fantastic! :) Thank you. No blue steel skin? That's my fave

• larserik

- jethrobull wrote:

Blue Steele is gone.

• SIC

- larserikJ wrote:
    - jethrobull wrote:
    Blue Steele is gone.

Ah, okay. Thank you for letting me know ;)

• larserik

- jethrobull wrote:
    - larserikJ wrote:
    - jethrobull wrote:
    Blue Steele is gone.

You're welcome. Might do some blue version of the tonica later, but I can't promise anything.

• SIC

- larserikJ wrote:
    - jethrobull wrote:
    - larserikJ wrote:
    - jethrobull wrote:
    Blue Steele is gone.
    You're welcome. Might do some blue version of the tonica later, but I can't promise anything.

Sounds great! (If you do) ;)

• electronic drum

Hi Fredrik,

I can confirm that the new beta works very well and is stable here (Windows 10, i7).

However,, I have found some more minor inconsistencies in the GUI.
    It has got nothing to do with the code, but it's only about re-aligning some labels in the background image (both Factory and Vintage Tonic).

factory EDIT CHANGES.png
    • top label "oscillator" (including arrow): 1 pixel to the right
    • vel section, label "osc": 1 pixel down
    • pattern section, dividing lines between 8/9 and 12/13: 1 pixel to the left each
    • noise section, label "envelope": 2 pixels to the left; after that, the light grey box that surrounds the buttons for the envelope shapes and the faders for attack and decay needs to be expanded by 3 pixels to the left [reason: to make it look similar to the corresponding pitch mod label and part in the oscillator section]

One more thought (but tthis is a matter of taste, I suppose):
    As the oscillator section and the noise section contain the same number of almost identical graphical elements, which are also laid out in a similar, symmetrical way, one could possibly think about of having these two section the same width (therby stressing the iidea a modular structure). But then, I am afraid, this would imply some more shifting of labels, even in the code. :-(

• Funkybot

This might be a bit late, but any chance of adding (could be a much later version) a "parameter lock" function? At least for the Master output? I find the presets to be too loud and would love to just drop the output back a bit and lock it in place when browsing presets.

• Sam Saw

- Funkybot wrote:
    This might be a bit late, but any chance of adding (could be a much later version) a "parameter lock" function? At least for the Master output? I find the presets to be too loud and would love to just drop the output back a bit and lock it in place when browsing presets.

In Ableton i map an LFO to the Volume and set the min/max values to like 60 which locks the volume while browsing presets.

• Greg Killmaster

Just downloaded the betas but I'm not able to get any skins to show up in the skin choose on Mac/Big Sur. I see the files are in the correct place at the correct path.

• Fredrik Lidström

AU or VST, and in which host?

• Greg Killmaster

Vst, Bitwig

• Fredrik Lidström

I'll see if I can find a Mac with Big Sur to test on. Unfortunately, my laptop is too old to install it. Anyone else here that has run Bitwig on Big Sur and got skins to work?

• Greg Killmaster

Thank you Fredrik. Happy to help troubleshoot if I can.

• Fredrik Lidström

"A couple of weeks" have passed, during which I made a small fix that unfortunately requires a new binary. So we're back to square one, having to test what I hope is the one and only release candidate of Microtonic 3.3.2.

Mac: Microtonic.3.3.2.rc1.Mac.dmg(22.1MB, 659 downloads)
    Win: Microtonic.3.3.2.rc1.Win.zip(7.57MB, 677 downloads)

• Manuel Senfft

Is there anything specific we could test, which could be crucial or so?

Either way: already installed and going to test it tomorrow! Thanks for the beta.

• Greg Killmaster

No skins show up in the Skin Chooser still in Big Sur. Not a big deal for me, but just thought you'd want to know.

• Fredrik Lidström

Here's the latest skin installer, give that a try.

Mac: Microtonic Skins 0.3.30.dmg(29.7MB, 670 downloads)
    Win: Microtonic Skins 0.3.30.zip(29.8MB, 623 downloads)

• JBDS1

- Fredrik Lidström wrote:
    "A couple of weeks" have passed, during which I made a small fix that unfortunately requires a new binary. So we're back to square one, having to test what I hope is the one and only release candidate of Microtonic 3.3.2.
    Mac: Microtonic.3.3.2.rc1.Mac.dmg(22.1MB, 659 downloads)
    Win: Microtonic.3.3.2.rc1.Win.zip(7.57MB, 677 downloads)

Thank You Very much !!!

• Greg Killmaster

- Fredrik Lidström wrote:
    Here's the latest skin installer, give that a try.
    Mac: Microtonic Skins 0.3.30.dmg(29.7MB, 670 downloads)
    Win: Microtonic Skins 0.3.30.zip(29.8MB, 623 downloads)

Thanks so much. This works! Love the new skins!

• dBridge

Hi,
    Multi versions GUI not loading up, regular one works fine
    Bitwig Ver 4.04
    MacOS 10.14.6

edit* I did a complete uninstall and reinstall which seems to have rectified it,

Great job

dB

• larserik

Try the new public beta and the latest skin installer here:

https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/1965-microtonic-3-3-2-rc2-public-beta

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.