Newbie question - Record Microtonic in Garageband?

John Monge136 views6 posts
  • John Monge

I can't figure out how to record Microtonic live (or at all) in Garageband. I open it up as an AU with an "instrument track" and I can play it, hear it, effect it, etc,. but the audio won't record. I feel like I'm missing a very simple setting, but I've gone over it again and again and haven't solved the problem. All of my other virtual instruments are recordable. I'm baffled. Cheers.

• Tomas Jensen

I don't use Garageband myself. Does it happen to both Microtonic and MicrotonicMulti?

Have you tried to change your midi channel to 10 on the track you are using the instance? you know, the GM standard thingy. Just a thought.

• Mic Healey

I think, maybe Abelton Live Lite might be a better choice for you, John. I am assuming you are using Windoz.

• John Monge

I use a Mac.

• Fredrik Lidström

Are you trying to record the output as audio or capture the MIDI? I'm not 100% sure what Garageband supports, but I can take a look at it if you do not get it to work. What you can do is check the "Pattern Engine Sends MIDI NotesTurn" option inside Microtonic MIDI options to see if that is on or off.

• Fredrik Lidström

Oh, sorry. I didn't think that through, Garageband is AU only and MIDI out only works in the VST version. You will have to trigger Microtonic from your Garageband track or program the beat inside the Microtonic pattern sequencer.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.