Big Sur / M1 Support?

Andrew Schlesinger1 122 views8 posts
  • Andrew Schlesinger

Not sure if this is asked before but is Big Sur / M1 support planned for MicroTonic? Thanks in advance.

• Magnus Lidström

Microtonic should already work on Big Sur and on ARM, albeit under Rosetta of course.

But yes, we will release native ARM versions of our products.

• Andrew Schlesinger

Wonderful, thank you. Just curious...is there a general target time frame? Love the device and the new vintage sounds are amazing, awesome work!

• Andrew Schlesinger

Oh, and yes...it does work well as far as I can tell on my M1 Macbook Air

• Tunca Yıldız

Unfortunately in big sur microtonic vst causes crashes in ableton. I have files from my old pc with microtonic vst tracks in them and they cause crashes in ableton. Audio unit version of microtonic doesn't seem to cause a problem though. I'm downgrading to catalina now cause I couldn't find any solution. Microtonic is my main tool when making music, so it is actually very disturbing to me. Please share with me any solution if you could find any. Thanks in advance. And thank you for microtonic, this synth is my absolute favorite 🌸💫💖

• Magnus Lidström

- Tunca Yıldız wrote:
    Unfortunately in big sur microtonic vst causes crashes in ableton. I have files from my old pc with microtonic vst tracks in them and they cause crashes in ableton. Audio unit version of microtonic doesn't seem to cause a problem though. I'm downgrading to catalina now cause I couldn't find any solution.

I have not heard of anyone else with this problem so please tell me more of your setup.

Which version of Ableton are you using?

When exactly do the crashes occur? (As soon as you open an instance of Microtonic?)

After Ableton has crashed, do you see a crash report that you can send to us?

• Tunca Yıldız

Unfortunately i've downgraded to mojave already, so I can't provide a crash report for you. I was using Ableton Live 10. Ableton Live 11 didn't work either. Crashes were occurring when I highlighted the tracks that include Microtonic or sometimes when changing presets. I tried previous versions of Microtonic, but they didn't work either.

• Michel

I had the same problem. When i downloaded sonic charge again with the the installer provided, an re-registered it, everything worked liked a charm again.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.