Synplant crash with Ableton 11

AWGES 27506 views12 posts
  • AWGES 27

Hello, I recently updated ableton, I went from ableton 10 to 11, and since this update Synplant crashed.

The crash only happens when I search for presets in the library.
    I can create as many sounds as I want, but as soon as I try to access the sound library, synplant make ableton 11 crash...

This has never happened on ableton 10.

Anyone have a solution?

thank you and sorry for my bad english

• Magnus Lidström

Let me first double-check that you have installed the latest version of Synplant (v1.2.4)?

Next, which version of MacOS are you running?

Also, if you see a crash report, could you copy the contents of this report and paste here?

• AWGES 27

I use the last version of Synplant and i'm on Mac OS 10.14.6 (Mojave)

Unfortunately there is no crash report because Ableton live crashes directly when I try to choose a preset on Synplant.

Like I said, I can use the Synplant as much as I want, but ableton crashes completely as soon as I try to choose a preset on Synplant.

When I open Synplant on Ableton live 10 this time, and not 11, everything works fine.

Maybe it's a problem with the folder containing the Synplant presets, but it's really weird that everything works fine when I'm on live 10

• SD77777

I'm on Mac OS 10.14.6 (Mojave) and Echobode is crashing also.

• Magnus Lidström

- Shayne Davidson wrote:
    I'm on Mac OS 10.14.6 (Mojave) and Echobode is crashing also.

When exactly?

I cannot reproduce any crashes myself. Been trying with different versions of MacOS (including Mojave) and different versions of Ableton.

I need to know more about your setup. Maybe it is a conflict with another plugin or something. This has happened before.

A crash log would be really nice. 🤔

• Magnus Lidström

I haven't got the full version of Live 11 yet, so I'm running the trial. Really don't think it would make any difference, but perhaps you could try the trial-version as well?

This is my exact version of Live 11:

• SD77777

What email can I send the crash report to? I'm on the same build, with authorization, so it's not the problem.

• Magnus Lidström

- Shayne Davidson wrote:
    What email can I send the crash report to? I'm on the same build, with authorization, so it's not the problem.

support@soniccharge.com

• SD77777

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    - Shayne Davidson wrote:
    support@soniccharge.com

sent!

• Magnus Lidström

Thanks a lot for the crash logs! It looks like you are running Echobode v1.0. Please download and run our latest installer, click the Echobode logo in the plugin interface and check that it says v1.1.1 (620).

• SD77777

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    Thanks a lot for the crash logs! It looks like you are running Echobode v1.0. Please download and run our latest installer, click the Echobode logo in the plugin interface and check that it says v1.1.1 (620).

wow I feel like an idiot. Thanks Magnus!

• Magnus Lidström

- charzrdmusic wrote:
    wow I feel like an idiot. Thanks Magnus!

Don't worry! I'm glad it was this easy to solve. The question is why "AWGES 27" is having problems with Synplant because it does not sound like he's running an old version. I cannot reproduce this crash either.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.