New plugin?

Dennis Harms8 820 views33 posts
  • Dennis Harms

Hi everyone!

I saw this a few weeks ago on Twitter "I love my brother and I must stop drooling over the last renders of our new plug-in GUI before my keyboard short-circuits." :)

Any hints what the new plugin will be? :)

Cheers
    Dennis

• Magnus Lidström

- Bronto Scorpio wrote:
    Any hints what the new plugin will be? :)

There will be hints. Soon.

It is an effect I'll tell you that much.

• Dennis Harms

- Magnus Lidström wrote:

Awesome! Can't wait to hear more!

Cheers
    Dennis

• Dave

I hope there is a game hidden in it!

• Magnus Lidström

- davedominey wrote:
    I hope there is a game hidden in it!

Actually, the new plug-in is a game with a hidden audio effect in it.

• Nils-Erik Johansson

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    Actually, the new plug-in is a game with a hidden audio effect in it.

Oh, ill hope that it isn´t a MMO-RPG game anyway ;)

• Magnus Lidström

- NisseJ wrote:
    Oh, ill hope that it isn´t a MMO-RPG game anyway ;)

Damn it. It was an MMORPG! Now we have to think of something else.

I know. Our next product will be a shoot-em-up-modular-synth. Power-ups will give you new modules and you've got 30 seconds to put it into your rack and make an interesting noise. Then the game resumes. When hit by an enemy spaceship you will loose one of the modules at the top of your rack.

You win when the rack is full and the noise it makes is submitted to our online hall-of-fame list where users will vote on the best noises.

• Sergey Kharuta

As to me... I don't expect any new plugins from you guys. You have already done so much. I still hope to have an option for mTonic and Synplant that will allow to change their colors of the skins. it will complete theese AWESOME Instruments I can't live and work without)))

• Nils-Erik Johansson

- Magnus Lidström wrote:

How long is soon? :)

• Sjoerd van Geffen

:unsure: :blink: :o :rolleyes: :lol:

I've heard that in the upper parts of Sweden the phrase "first thing tomorrow, when the sun comes up" may last as long as a few months on my timescale. And if they drool too much while it freezes, they can get stuck for months, too. ;)

@Sergey: while it could of course be made easier, for now you can just open it up (Mac: select .component / .vst, right-click to show 'package contents', navigate to /Contents/Resources) and change the graphics files:

• Magnus Lidström

- Sjoerd wrote:
    I've heard that in the upper parts of Sweden the phrase "first thing tomorrow, when the sun comes up" may last as long as a few months on my timescale. And if they drool too much while it freezes, they can get stuck for months, too. ;)
    @Sergey: while it could of course be made easier, for now you can just open it up (Mac: select .component / .vst, right-click to show 'package contents', navigate to /Contents/Resources) and change the graphics files:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, does anybody have a bucket of warm water?

• Nils-Erik Johansson

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Seriously, does anybody have a bucket of warm water?

Well, i have the invention called "Fjärrvärme" so i have like an infinite amount buckets of warm water... :) And Sjoerd, today when i walked to work it was almost like -20C so....the drooling and freeze almost made me stuck... ;)

• Sjoerd van Geffen

I could send over something they once sold me as "fire water", but I'm afraid it won't help much (I was told to keep it at -18 celsius and it makes me drool if I drink too much of it). :P

Maybe take some comfort in the thought that the upside of freezing is that you can push your CPUs a bit harder without noisy cooling fans ruining every audio recording in the same room as your computer (which is obviously why so many awesome audio coders come from Sweden). :)

• Sergey Kharuta

- Sjoerd wrote:
    :unsure: :blink: :o :rolleyes: :lol:

Ok ))) I did it ))) I have painted this skin myself )) And Synplant's skin as well )) COOOOL!!! Thanks a lot )))

• Dave

So..... about these hints?

• Erik Magrini

Permut8?

• Fredrik Lidström

Yes, Permut8 is the name. If you take that image to NASA and enhance it, you might make out the GUI. =)

We will release some more info once we're comfortable, we promise! =)

Meanwhile, here's the Permut8 logo: pic.twitter.com/OWYC2278

• Marcus Lind

Looks somehow retro/80s.

• Riccardo Trost

New SC plug...sounds interesting!
    Confirmed that it will be an effect plugin?

• Fredrik Lidström

- Marcus Lind wrote:
    Looks somehow retro/80s.

That's perfect! I was actually aiming for 1978, so that's pretty close.

- Rics wrote:
    New SC plug...sounds interesting!
    Confirmed that it will be an effect plugin?

Yes, it will be an effect.

• Samuel Lidström

Maybe... ...A totally amazing vocoder with lots of new never-though-of-before parameters and
    with a sound going from 70s-kraftwerk-sound to todays modern alsmost real-voice-sounding vocoder sound..?

..Now THAT would be a nice new plugin, if you ask me! :)
    There are tooooooo few good vst-vocoders out there, so there wouldn't be much competition either.. :)

• Dave

comfortable yet?

• Lea Rogers

8 bit bitcrusher?

• Fredrik Lidström

Sorry for not getting back to this thread. We've been hard at work with both Permut8 and Bitspeek RE and we're (finally) going to start the Permut8 beta in a couple of hours.

Since I promised to release some information, I will post a screenshot and audio demo on the front page very soon, unless something goes horribly wrong with the beta. :rolleyes:

• Cridarco

from Dictionary:

PERMUTATE
    verb [ with obj. ]
    change the order or arrangement of.

• amp

So... where's the beta? :)

• Magnus Lidström

- M-C-S wrote:
    So... where's the beta? :)

URL removed

But you need to know that we already have 333 members and 216 waiting for validation. We are at beta 1 now, and there will be at least a beta 2 before release, but I am not sure we need more than 216 additional testers for beta 2. :)

That said, most of the 216 in queue signed up a long time ago, and the ratio of members vs people that actually test is far from 1:1.

• amp

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    But you need to know that we already have 333 members and 216 waiting for validation. We are at beta 1 now, and there will be at least a beta 2 before release, but I am not sure we need more than 216 additional testers for beta 2. :)
    That said, most of the 216 in queue signed up a long time ago, and the ratio of members vs people that actually test is far from 1:1.

Oh, didn't know there was a special page like that, sorry. Guess I'll just have to wait for the release. Are beta testers not allowed to speak about the plugin here? I'd sure like to see a screenshot or something...

• Magnus Lidström

- M-C-S wrote:
    Oh, didn't know there was a special page like that, sorry. Guess I'll just have to wait for the release. Are beta testers not allowed to speak about the plugin here? I'd sure like to see a screenshot or something...

Nope. Sorry. The testers are not allowed to talk or show anything to people outside of the beta forum. We have a very delicate marketing plan that might break ... if ... um hmm ... something. I donnu. That's how we always do things. :)

We'll release an official screenshot soon though.

• Fredrik Lidström

There, finally, as promised, screenshot and audio. We're gonna go into beta 2 this week. Apart from making it totally bug free and lightning fast, there is still work to be done around the product launch (like website, user guide, shop). Once we can make a good guesstimate we'll set a release date.

• NewLoops.com (Download Synplant 2 Pro Expansion Demo!)

Its a distortion unit isn't it?

• Magnus Lidström

- Antony Parsons wrote:
    Its a distortion unit isn't it?

Permut8 distorts the very fabric of time and space.

• NewLoops.com (Download Synplant 2 Pro Expansion Demo!)

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    Permut8 distorts the very fabric of time and space.

So I am right then! What do I win? :P

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.