Crosstalk issues Permut8 / Echobode > Ableton

Jasper Middelberg142 views6 posts
  • Jasper Middelberg

Hi,

I have a crosstalk issue with permut8 and echobode,
    if I put one of each in a chain and then change the order, moving permut8 before or after echobode, then every time I change the program on Permut8 the Echobode program changes as well.

workaround is to replace the permut8 with a new one but a fix would be nice,
    hope you can help,
    thank you,

Jasper

• Jasper Middelberg

Oh wait, also echobode can change the permut8 preset if I change it in the ableton preset dropdown of the echobode plugin...

• Magnus Lidström

- Jasper Middelberg wrote:
    Hi,
    I have a crosstalk issue with permut8 and echobode,
    if I put one of each in a chain and then change the order, moving permut8 before or after echobode, then every time I change the program on Permut8 the Echobode program changes as well.
    workaround is to replace the permut8 with a new one but a fix would be nice,
    hope you can help,
    thank you,
    Jasper

Wow. I've never heard or seen anything like that. I've tried to reproduce on my computer, but I am not able to, and the whole thing makes very little sense to be honest. I can't really see how one could affect the other, especially since these are two completely different plugins.

Which version of Ableton Live is this exactly?

Could you maybe record a video where you show this happening?

• Jasper Middelberg

Hi,

I'm using Live 10 with automatic updates.

When I opened a new project and just put an echobode and permut8 on a midi track and switched them over I had no issues,

the video: when I dragged in an instrument rack with both plugins already included and switched them around in the chain the crosstalk started happening.

Echobode+Permut8 crosstalk.mp4
  • Jasper Middelberg

Just to test, and things got weirder,

dragged in another P8, now both P8 started switching presets all by itself.

extra P8 .mp4

I turned of all midi routing and pressed stop,
    still automatic switching.
    no midi in.mp4

Good luck, I'm very curious,
  • Jasper Middelberg

Okay located the issue,

its the Touchable app on my ipad, as soon as I disable the script of this,
    the crosstalk doesnt happen...

super weird.

What can I tell or ask the developers of Touchable?

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.