3.0 problem, rollback problem

anonymous575 views4 posts
  • anonymous

I installed 3.0 and I could no longer open up a stereo instance of uTonic in Logic 8. the only option was for multi output, and then only the first drum channel would put out sound.
    I rolled back to 2.03 and now when i open old projects, all drum channels are set to init.
    is there a way to get the version right before 3.0? i use uTonic in almost every project, and this is hurting me.

• Magnus Lidström

- tyler wrote:
    I installed 3.0 and I could no longer open up a stereo instance of uTonic in Logic 8. the only option was for multi output, and then only the first drum channel would put out sound.

That's really odd, MicroTonic 3 should be Logic 8 compatible. I think we included Logic 8 in our internal testing of MicroTonic 3.0, although I don't think we tested it for MicroTonic 3.0.1. I'll check if I still have Logic 8 lying somewhere and give it a quick go myself.

I rolled back to 2.03 and now when i open old projects, all drum channels are set to init.

Also very strange. If you have not re-saved your old projects with version 3.0 they should open fine with 2.0.3. Are no old projects working for you any more?

2.0.3 was the last version before 3.0 and it is available for download here: http://soniccharge.com/dlarchive

• anonymous

I confirmed that all projects I checked had lost their settings, even if they were never opened since upgrading or rolling back. I've reinstalled 3.0.1, and it looks promising. Unfortunately, any project I opened while things weren't working, even though I didn't save, seem to have lost their settings. But ultimately, I'm back to working order. Thanks again for your amazing products. Your work makes my work better.
    -Tyler

• Magnus Lidström

- Tyler Walker wrote:
    I confirmed that all projects I checked had lost their settings, even if they were never opened since upgrading or rolling back. I've reinstalled 3.0.1, and it looks promising. Unfortunately, any project I opened while things weren't working, even though I didn't save, seem to have lost their settings. But ultimately, I'm back to working order. Thanks again for your amazing products. Your work makes my work better.
    -Tyler

Oh, I just had an idea of what this could be!

There are two known problems with upgrading MicroTonic under Logic, one is caused by a bug in MicroTonic version 2 and the other is caused by a problem in Logic's AU-implementation. Although it doesn't fit the problem description perfectly I'm thinking this could be the already known bug in MicroTonic version 2, manifesting itself when you upgrade to version 3.

Could you please check the Program Number selector at the top-left of the MicroTonic window and make sure it is set to 1 when you load an old project? If not, set it to 1 and hopefully your old preset will be found there?

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.