I can neither uninstall Synplant, nor use it (Mac Catalina)

Guillaume Callet386 views4 posts
  • Guillaume Callet

Yesterday I bought synplant but to my great surprise impossible to launch it on Ableton, the message that appears is the same as when installing or uninstalling (synplant is damaged).
    So I decided to uninstall Synplant and reinstall it but I can't (see picture) I specify that I restarted the mac, Synplant is not working at all when I try to install or uninstall. I'm super disappointed I end up with an unusable plugin.

Could I have more information?

Capture d’écran 2020-07-11 à 14.21.38.png

Capture d’écran 2020-07-11 à 14.21.46.png

Capture d’écran 2020-07-11 à 14.21.55.png
  • Magnus Lidström

Odd. Have you had any other version of Synplant installed previously by any chance?

Please, restart the computer to make sure Synplant is definitely not in use. Then go to /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components and manually delete Synplant.component. Try emptying the trash and restarting the computer again to be on the safe side. Next try to install again with a fresh download from our web-site. It really should work. Please let us know how it goes.

• Guillaume Callet

It works! Thanks a lot.

• Magnus Lidström

Glad to hear that!

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.