Storing Presets on External Drive

Jonathan Levine89 views3 posts
  • Jonathan Levine

Hello, I just had a quick question. I have Synplant, with a lot of presets that I either created or found from other sources, and would like to store them on an external drive that I have so I can save some storage on my main drive. Is there a way I can do this and have Synplant read both the stock presets and other presets off of my external drive?

• Magnus Lidström

Synplant patch files are very small, 1.5kb each, or about 1MB in total for all factory presets (but due to how filesystems work they may require a bit more). If you want to you could probably move all patches (factory and custom) to a single folder on your external drive, but there must be more effective ways to free up space on your harddrive, no?

The drop-down menu in Synplant shows patches from one directory at a time. Just choose to open a patch somewhere else (with "Browse Patches...") and the drop-down menu will display everything in that location instead.

The "Go to Factory Patches" and "Go to User Patches" buttons can be used to quickly jump between "/Library/Audio/Presets/Sonic Charge/" and another location of choice (e.g. your external drive).

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.