microtonic , renoise render to sample adds 1 /2 milliseconds

gentleclockdivider gentleclockdivider144 views5 posts
  • gentleclockdivider gentleclockdivider

In my host Renoise , we have the option to render a note to sample ( this is an offline process and is basically a bounce function )
    Whenever a note is inserted that triggers microtonic and rendered to selection ( not using the built in sequencer ) , the rendered sample has 1 to 2 milliseconds of silence before it
    Afaik , this did happen with the previous versions
    At the moment I am using the demoversion of microtonic ( awaiting license transfer )

• Magnus Lidström

Microtonic has a buffer-size and latency of 64 samples that is reported to the host and should be compensated properly when rendering to audio. Is there a setting for latency-compensation in Renoise?

We have not changed this in many years.

There might be a slight inaccuracy when triggering via MIDI but this is usually down to a few samples only (in 44khz). I.e. microseconds, not milliseconds.

Right , I see
    Plugin delay compensation was turned of , hence the longer delay
    When turned on , the time is 0.8 ms

pdc off.jpg

pdc onn.jpg
  • Magnus Lidström

It is still too much imo and I wonder why. In Ableton for instance I see a few samples delay max. That's like 0.05 ms. The attack in your screenshot does not look sharp enough. Is the attack-slider all the way down for this test? Also, turn off any eq when you test as there is always some group delay in minimum phase filters.

Oh boy , indeed the attack slider wasn't completely down
    With plugin delay compentation on , it's about 0.1 ms ..good enough for me.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.