Microtonic Standalone doesn't open.

Matthew McKinnon310 views5 posts
  • Matthew McKinnon

Hello,

The standalone version of Microtonic won't open on my Macbook Pro [specs attached].
    It keeps flashing up a warning about a completely unrelated plugin [see screengrab].

Thanks,
    MM

Screenshot 2020-04-02 at 08.55.37.png

Screenshot 2020-04-02 at 08.56.02.png

Screenshot 2020-04-02 at 08.55.55.png
  • Magnus Lidström

I have no idea why MacOS is trying to verify MNSpectralPartialGlide at this particular time, but perhaps a scan gets triggered when Microtonic opens the AudioUnit device for audio output.

The error is as you say entirely unrelated to our software. Does the MNSpectralPartialGlide Audio Unit work otherwise? Have you tried removing it?

If the first -50 error appears alone on the other hand it could indicate a compatibility problem with your audio interface if you are using an external audio interface?

• Cyril Clément

I've got the exact same problem. Microtonic just doesn't open, with this error message each time. I reinstalled it but the problem remains. What should I do ?

Capture d’écran 2020-05-11 à 19.07.27.png
  • Magnus Lidström

- Cyril Clément wrote:
    I've got the exact same problem. Microtonic just doesn't open, with this error message each time. I reinstalled it but the problem remains. What should I do ?

To be picky, this does not look like the exact same problem. This error suggests incompatible audio interface settings. We've received error reports like this before but I have never been able to reproduce it myself. Do you have an external audio interface? If so, could you please unplug it and see if Microtonic launches then?

• Tormod Guldvog

I have the same issue as Cyril above, exact same error message. Microtonic works fine in Logic Pro X but standalone won't run. It does not matter which audio output my Mac is configured to use. BTW my main external audio interface is the IK Multimedia Axe I/O. Turning it off has no impact on the error message.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.