Bitspeek 1.0.2 and µTonic intro video

Magnus Lidström3 648 views4 posts
  • Magnus Lidström

We have just uploaded a minor but important upgrade to Bitspeek. It is minor because it brings no new features to the table, but it is important because:

1) It is our first venture into the great wild yonder of 64-bit.

2) It makes Bitspeek compatible with a bunch of hosts that will not play nicely, or not at all with monophonic plug-ins, e.g. GarageBand and Sonar.

To clarify the latter point, Bitspeek 1.0.2 still runs monaural processing under the hood but it is configured for stereo I/O and will simply mix the two input channels and produce identical output for left and right channels. This is an unfortunate necessity in order to improve compatibility.

There is also a slight name change on the Windows DLL from BitspeekVST.dll to Bitspeek.dll.

We have made thorough tests with all major hosts to assure that these changes will not cause any problems when you upgrade, but there are some minor exceptions. Notably, in Reaper you will need to reconfigure the plug-in outputs if you open projects created with Bitspeek 1.0, and in FL Studio you will need to replace the plug-in due to the .dll name change.

Version 1.0.2 is available from our download page today. And oh, it is a free upgrade of course.

In other news: Dan Worrall made this neat µTonic tutorial / introduction video for us. Do check it out.

YouTube Video
  • anonymous

Hi there, just wondering if there's any plans to make a stereo version of Bitspeek? I tried out the demo and love the tone of it - particularly as I like to do a bit of circuit bending - but would really like to be able to process stereo signals and get a stereo signal out :)

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.