Cannot install supplementary patches for synplant or microtonic

Justin Vieira1 174 views3 posts
  • Justin Vieira

Hello everyone, I cannot install supplementary patches for synplant v1.0.1 or microtonic v3.0.1. I am on Windows 7 64 bit. Both plugins are installed to C:\VSTPlugins\Soni\cCharge and work perfectly fine in my DAW of choice (ableton live), but for some reason none of the exe's for supplementary packages are working, I keep getting a "You can only install this product on a computer where [synplant|microtonic] is installed" error message. Can anyone offer help?

• Fredrik Lidström

Hi Justin. The installer remembers which folder the plugin was installed in originally. It then uses that location to determine where to install the patch packages. If the plugins have been moved or if the installer does not have sufficient access rights to the folder, it will guess that the product is not installed correctly. If you run the Synplant and MicroTonic installers again and just reinstall over your C:\VSTPlugins\Sonic Charge folder, then you should be able to run the patch installers right after that.

• Painprod

This isn't working for Synplant under Windows 10 Pro.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.