polyrhythm in microtonic?

anonymous629 views7 posts
  • anonymous

Is it possible to set independent lengths per channel on the step editor?
    Fx: channel 1 is 16 steps long, channel 2 is 7 steps long, channel 3 is 5 steps?

Or is it a considered feature?

• Fredrik Lidström

No, it is not possible. But it is a fun idea.

• anonymous

So fun as to implement it?

• Steven Sauve

I do it in Reason, with the DrumSequencer patched into uTonic. Makes uTonic even more fun than it already is.

Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 10.38.19 PM.png
  • Edward Nixon

I'm just evaluating Microtonic. The first thing I am wondering about is the poly-rhythm possibilities. If it's not a feature, can individual instruments/tracks be triggered separately?

For those on Ableton Live with M4L, there's a pack for sale by SkinnerBox called Time and Timbre that contains a very flexible sequencer module they call Time. You can set both the duration and devision of each of 6 tracks out to a Live drum machine or VST.

If Microtonic can listen on different MIDI channels (or pitches,) maybe the poly-rhythm can be driven externally? If this is an obvious done thing, I haven't gotten through the Manual yet. Apologies.

• thorsten puttenat

Glad to gave found this thread. I so love Microtonic, and I love polyrhythms. And this plugin is SO worth to be taken care of. So count me in: Polyrhythms, pretty please! :D

• Philipp Kunert

All 8 channels of Microtonic are assigned to different midi notes, so using an external sequencer is not a problem.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.