Deadmau5 + Bitspeek = Sueet!

Magnus Lidström3 933 views3 posts
  • Magnus Lidström

Joel just posted this to his Soundcloud. I love it.

sleepless-bitspeak-vocal by fuckmylife

... watch those SoundCloud comments fly by. :)

• Scott Oram

Do you think this was one vocal track, resampled to a track in live, then change up midi notes, rinse and repeat?

I bet that is how the harmony is achieved.

Very nice indeed :)

• Magnus Lidström

- elipsis1 wrote:
    Do you think this was one vocal track, resampled to a track in live, then change up midi notes, rinse and repeat?
    I bet that is how the harmony is achieved.
    Very nice indeed :)

Not sure. It certainly sounds like a mix of MIDI:ed Bitspeek and pitch-shifted / auto-tuned vocals. He has a lot of versions of this track on his SoundCloud. One of the versions is almost identical to the Bitspeeked track.

deadmau5-sleeping-beauty-pills-getting-warmer by fuckmylife

Joel actually PM'ed me the Bitspeeked version just a few hours after he bought Bitspeek, which was the same day we released it.

Funny side-note, this version...

deadmau5-sleeping-beauty-pills-pre-production-version by fuckmylife

... features background noise that is unmistakably the MicroTonic about-box noises. :) When I met Joel in Stockholm last year he reminded me that I once built a standalone version of that noise generator and gave to Steve Duda (who in turn shared it with Joel obviously). He asked me if I had thought of making a product out of it. I replied that I did work on that, and it ended up becoming Synplant. My first prototypes of Synplant (somewhere around 2006) used the audio engine from the MicroTonic about box... and now Bitspeek is based on the audio engine from the MicroTonic nag messages. ;-) MicroTonic - the mother of all.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.