uTonic Pitched Midi Mode Not Responding

Gino Tozzi1 760 views5 posts
  • Gino Tozzi

I'm trying to use midi pitch mode in uTonic with my Axiom 49 midi keyboard/controller. This is what's happening:
    I enable midi pitch mode in uTonic. Now, I can play the sound on drum channel 1 across my keyboard pitched.
    But when I change the midi channel to 2,3,4, etc. on the Axiom, uTonic will still only let me play the sound on drum channel 1. I can't access pitched mode for the other drum channels. I've tried different combinations of MIDI options but to no avail. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I've tried everything. Any suggestions?

• Fredrik Lidström

This is usually different depending on which host you are using. Most host will just take any MIDI channel in unless you configure it to listen to only one channel and pass it through to just one channel on MicroTonic. In Live for example, you will need to create one MIDI track for each channel that listens to ch1..ch8 and sends it to ch1..ch8 on MicroTonic.

Which host are you using?

• anonymous

- Fredrik Lidström wrote:
    This is usually different depending on which host you are using. Most host will just take any MIDI channel in unless you configure it to listen to only one channel and pass it through to just one channel on MicroTonic. In Live for example, you will need to create one MIDI track for each channel that listens to ch1..ch8 and sends it to ch1..ch8 on MicroTonic.
    Which host are you using?

I'm having the same problem in Ableton.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

I tried setting up an Ableton midi track that receives only midi channel 7 and sends to the track with microtonic on it, but it still only plays the drum sound on pad 1.

Or are you saying we need to have 8 instances of the VST running?

Can you please elaborate on how to set up Pitched Midi mode in Ableton?

Thanks!!!

• Magnus Lidström

YouTube Video
  • anonymous

Got it. Thanks Magnus. You're awesome.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.