You guys working on anything new?

Dead As Disco1 305 views20 posts
  • Dead As Disco

Hey there!

Huge fan of your products, its core to my sound and use them all the time. Obviously heaps excited for anything new you guys make. I understand software development is a long, tedious process however I can't help but ask if you guys are working on anything else other then ongoing Synplant 2. Can't wait!

• Fredrik Lidström

Yes, we are, but we are not allowed to tell you until early next year. Sorry.  ☺️

• jonathan10

Nice, basically every plugin you make is gold. I still rewire reason to use Malstrom and Perlmut is... don't get me started, miles better than any other effect imo.

• Steve Olofsson

Personally I'm crossing all fingers that it not is another hardware thingie but a new software such as Synplant 2 or something completely new :)

• medienhexer

'Not allowed to...' sounds like a cooperation with another company.

• Magnus Lidström

The question was if we were working on something besides Synplant 2. Which we basically always do more or less. I wrote a little about that here: http://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/905-synplant-2

Right now it is more again rather than less, but last year we also worked on something entirely different. What that was will be revealed in about two weeks.

• Matija Tonković

I wonder if synplant 2 will have the same effect as synplant 1 when it was released?
    I bought synplant day one after it was out. It was unique.
    I wonder if this long wait will have a negative effect on this instant buy mood I had with synplant 1.
    Don't want to sound negative, but I'm thinking, we saw some amazing stuff being released since 2009(serum, u-he, buchla, modular, Xils labs) and unless I hear and see something really amazing in synplant 2, I'm not sure I'll pull my wallet as easy as with synplant 1...
    You did not disappoint before, so hopefully you will not this time, but just saying...it was a different time back then. Hopefully you will be ahead of it again with synplant 2.
    tx
    Mataya

• Joey Luck

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    The question was if we were working on something besides Synplant 2. Which we basically always do more or less. I wrote a little about that here: http://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/905-synplant-2
    Right now it is more again rather than less, but last year we also worked on something entirely different. What that was will be revealed in about two weeks.

Looking forward to seeing what it is! :D

• karkwai

Looking forward as well, maybe all revealed during NAMM.

• Solidtrax

Cool Magnus. So its probably NAMM then. Are you guys visiting?

• Steve Lampert

"revealed in about two weeks"; exciting to see this news!

• karkwai

Could it be another TE collaboration?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BePqmp8gKEU/?taken-by=teenageengineering

• Magnus Lidström

• karkwai

Guessing that's an implicit "Yes"! :)

• karkwai

Could it be
    PO-33 KO synplant or echobode?
    PO-35 Speak is bitspeek?

• Solidtrax

Whowzers... PO-35 must be bitspeak, PO-33 ... curious... have fun on NAMM I guess ;-)

• Magnus Lidström

Actually I'm not going to NAMM this year. Teenage doesn't have a booth but Tobias and Symon will be around to demo the new stuff anyhow somehow. The new stuff is awesome. Fredrik and I made the bronze stuff.

• Magnus Lidström

happy-new-gear by malstrom

• Joey Luck

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    happy-new-gear by malstrom

Awesome! :D

• karkwai

Instabuy.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.