Any idea when Patternarium will be ported to HTML5?

EnochLight300 views10 posts
  • EnochLight

Now that Chrome (and most other browsers worth their weight in salt) no longer support Flash due to its deprecation, is there any chance you guys are working on fixing MicroTonic Patternarium? I absolutely love the service and would hate to see it go away!

• Fredrik Lidström

"Funny" you ask about this, I just talked to Magnus about it earlier this week. When Apple started the anti-flash crusade, I was really hoping Flash wouldn't lose the battle. I liked the Flash platform because mostly it just worked as intended across all platforms, compared to the browser compatibility hell (and for a long time, so much faster). This has been on my todo list for years, and as you say the depreciation is now a bigger problem than browser audio/canvas support, it is just hard to find the time to do it.

• EnochLight

- Fredrik Lidström wrote:
    "Funny" you ask about this, I just talked to Magnus about it earlier this week. When Apple started the anti-flash crusade, I was really hoping Flash wouldn't lose the battle. I liked the Flash platform because mostly it just worked as intended across all platforms, compared to the browser compatibility hell (and for a long time, so much faster). This has been on my todo list for years, and as you say the depreciation is now a bigger problem than browser audio/canvas support, it is just hard to find the time to do it.

Thanks for chiming in. Well, I'm glad to see that it's at least being discussed (still). If it means anything, just know that all of us really love the service. I consider it an integral part of owning MicroTonic (as well as my PO-32). Please try to find the time to update it when you can.

• medienhexer

I'd love to be able to browse and rate on my iP... TABLET. It really does complete muTonic.

I'm really looking forward to Synplant2, though. So couldn't somebody port Patternarium for you?

• EnochLight

- medienhexer wrote:
    So couldn't somebody port Patternarium for you?

I'm sure they could hire someone to port it to HTML5, but that costs money for what is ultimately a free service that doesn't really generate revenue. I'm sure Fredrik can bang out a proper port given the time. Hopefully before 2019, Fredrick? ;)

• Fredrik Lidström

Yes, I almost promise it can be done before 2019! ;)

• Steve Olofsson

It does generate revenue though... When I bought microtonic (for me and my brother) it was 50% because I wanted to leverage all the patterns in the patternarium. The only good way to discover it right now is through the web. An alternative way could be to build it into the plugin instead. I would actually love to be able to go into the patternarium through the plugin because the main reason I don't go to it right now is because I know I will have to save the pattern and then browse for it and so forth, so the more painless it can be made the better. The way I do it now is to have all the best of's inside a single folder renamed a bit so I can keep track of where it came from, that way I can quickly browse to a nice pattern and instantly have it inside microtonic.

• Fredrik Lidström

Just curious, any specific reason why you do not use copy/paste directly from Patternarium instead of saving/browsing/loading?

• Steve Olofsson

Its probably mostly because I evaluate patterns in the tempo and context im working with, I mostly use only some elements like snare and hats/perc so thats also part of the win of having it directly in the plugin, being able to mute stuff. (I use microtonic with Nerve for my drum solution, a very nice combo)

Also I work on a single screen and having to switch windows is something I just tend to avoid. Didnt know there was a copy paste function, will try it out.

• EnochLight

@Steve: Yeah, the copy/paste function is awesome. Can't believe you missed that!

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.