Saving Floppies to File in Cyclone

Udbhav Gupta445 views5 posts
  • Udbhav Gupta

I'd like to be able to take performances I build in Cyclone VSTs and save them as floppies so I can use them with Cylone's AU in Logic (this would be especially useful w/ that large library of fxbs floating around). Is there a way for the Utility save function inside Cyclone to actually write to a file? I tried with the blank floopy image and that didn't seem to work. Thanks!

• Magnus Lidström

This should definitely be possible. What happens when you try to save?

Regardless there is a much easier way to convert .fxb's and .fxp's to .aupresets. Locate the folder /Library/Audio/Presets/Sonic Charge/Cyclone/, drop your .fxb's or .fxp's there and restart Logic. During startup Cyclone should find the files there and automatically convert them to .aupresets.

Please try and let me know if it works.

• Udbhav Gupta

I tried putting .fxp files in both /Library/Audio/Presets/Sonic Charge/Cyclone/ and /Users/myuser/Library/Audio/Presets/Sonic Charge/Cyclone/ with no luck. I've tried this on Logic Pro X 10.3.1 and 10.2.0. Is there anything I can do to force the conversion process?

Also realized I was using the Save utility in the OS incorrectly, after setting V/W to 3=All in the Save dialog, I can create my own floppies! Thanks.

• Magnus Lidström

That's weird. I just double-checked with the official build from the site, and it works for me. At least .fxb. Oh. Come to think of it now, I can't promise .fxp works actually. :( If you save a Cyclone .fxb in a VST host and try to convert it, does that work for you?

• Udbhav Gupta

.fxb works great, thanks!

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.