TX16W Hardware & Software

Klang Verbieger777 views8 posts
  • Klang Verbieger

Hi,
    I`ve got an TX16W hardware sampler, and I think that Cyclone is cool. But - I love the machines.. Does anyone know which type of disk drive is built in the machine - and how to replace it with a standard disk drive?
    I know it`s not cool to talk here about hardware - but, isn't it the same when I'm using TYPHOON OS? :)

• Magnus Lidström

When you say "replace", do you mean replace a faulty drive with one with identical specifications, or are you after something else?

• Klang Verbieger

Hi Magnus,
    I've got a lot of floppys here :) Well, I think it isn't easy to get a identical drive - so, is it possible to use something else? I've seen some SD-Card things.... but that would cost a lot of money. Is there a cheap way to get my two TX16Ws alive?

• Andreas Marco

- Klang Verbieger wrote:
    Hi,
    I`ve got an TX16W hardware sampler, and I think that Cyclone is cool. But - I love the machines.. Does anyone know which type of disk drive is built in the machine - and how to replace it with a standard disk drive?
    I know it`s not cool to talk here about hardware - but, isn't it the same when I'm using TYPHOON OS? :)

I installed a Gotek USB HxC in my Yamaha TX16W and works great .. :)

• Manu Sese Puertolas

Andreas, could you explain how to copy the waves of the 2.5" floppy's in the USB memory? And the edited parameters of the loops, envelopes, etc?
    I suppose that with the 4.5 GB of maximum internal memory, there will be no physical way to expand, thanks.
    regards

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.