Defaults from PO-32

Jacob Kantzer866 views6 posts
  • Jacob Kantzer

Hi all,

I have a quick and possibly dumb question. Is there a MicroTonic preset that matches the default sounds on the PO-32? I know the transfer of sounds and patterns from MicroTonic to the PO-32 is one-way but I really like the factory default sounds of the PO-32.

Thanks!

• R.A.W.

It's not one way, you can transfer everything and record a WAV. On a factory PO-32 just hold write + press sound and record the output.

And at least you can reset the factory sounds, just ctrl+click the destination button in microTonics transfer window (it says so in the GUI, and it works, just tried it ;)).

• Jacob Kantzer

Oh, I meant insofar as you can't transfer sounds or patterns from the PO-32 to MicroTonic, specifically. I know you can back them up from the PO-32 to a WAV.

What I want to know is if there's a preset for MicroTonic that matches the PO-32's default set of sounds, because I like them and would like to use the same kit in the VST. I'd also like to see what settings were used in MicroTonic to make them in order to help me use MicroTonic better.

• Magnus Lidström

Yes! You should be able to find them with the factory patches in By Category/PO32 Factory Patches (on Mac: below /Library/Audio/Presets/Sonic Charge/Microtonic Drum Patches/, on Windows typically: c:\Program Files\Sonic Charge\Microtonic Drum Patches\ )

Since .mtdrum files do not contain morphing information there are two files for each of the 16 instruments on the PO-32.

• Jacob Kantzer

Thanks! That's exactly what I was hoping for (and somehow managed to miss).

• Skylar Woodward

The PO-137 seems to have different presets than the 32. I assume they are the same presets as the Speak (PO-35)? Are there .mtdrum files for those?

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.