Happy New Year!

Magnus Lidström2 526 views19 posts
  • Magnus Lidström

Happy New Year!

To celebrate that we are finally leaving 2016 behind we have created a new firmware for Permut8 called Specular. I call it a "spectral resynthesizer". It is FFT based and can be used to create spacey reverbs and "glassy soundscapes". I think it sounds cool on anything from full acoustic recordings to synth sounds.

I thought it had a fitting sound for a Christmas gift, but we didn't quite finish it in time for last weekend. Notice that I'm really stretching what is possible CPU-wise with the virtual machine inside Permut8. I had never imagined releasing heavy FFT based effects written in this invented assembly language. So be prepared for a heavy toll on your CPU (something like 25% per instance). Bouncing is your friend. :)

Hope you like it. As always, to load the firmware, just open the .p8bank file in Permut8.

Specular Firmware.p8bank(45.4kB, 1862 downloads)

Also in case you missed it, we released a bank of 77 new Synplant patches this Christmas. It is called Horticultural Discoveries and Synplant owners can download it from http://soniccharge.com/download

More exciting news from Sonic Charge will come soon!

Best wishes
    / Magnus & Fredrik Lidström

• THeymer

Sounds great, very inspiring!!! Thanks a lot! Looking forward to your 2017 releases!
    All the best,
    Tobi

• Chris Rose

You guys rule. I'm very happy to be a customer of such great developers. All the best for 2017.

• steve westbrook

yes! thank you and happy new year :)

• Christophe Le Padellec

Cool, thanks.

• Dumbo

I just bought Permut8, so this is a welcomed gift, thank you! And I wish you all a happy and healthy and successful new year 2017!

• Randolph Rueba

Wow, thanks so much, this sounds amazing! Happy new year, and I am really looking forward to whatever you guys are cooking up next. Have a great 2017!

• Bungle

Absolutely brilliant Firmware, definitely one of my favourites !

• aoVI

Thank you!

• konfront tama

wild firmware. thanks

• Greg Killmaster

love it. thanks very much!

• Chris R Gibson

Actually, timing was perfect...this way it can be enjoyed on it's own rather than amid the 'mall-crush' of stuff that hit my email account in December!

Thank you, I will look forward to seeing new things from Soniccharge this year :)

• Bart Leblans

Thank you!
    I bought permut8 only recently and I'm very happy with the sound. I use it a lot these days. Very curious how this will sound ....

• AB459

Cool Thanks

EDIT
    Damn tried it just now, really amazing!

• XRMX

Awesome! Thanks!

• Martin Géč

Awesome, thank you! :-)

• Ulf Hammarqvist

Fun! Will you add this to the download area?

• Magnus Lidström

Thanks for all the positive feedback! We will certainly add it to the official firmware installer. We just need to catch up on the Microtonic 3.2 launch first.

• EnochLight

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    Happy New Year!

Any chance you have a new firmware cooked up to kick off 2018? ;)

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.