Micro tonic crashing Cubase 8.5

Denis Woods630 views14 posts
  • Denis Woods

When removing Microtonic from Cubase 8.5 Mac 64bit 10.9.5 it will crash . Log attached. 100% repro. Latest version of Microtonic
    MT crash Cubase.txt(111kB, 825 downloads)

• Fredrik Lidström

Thank you for the crash report. This looks like it could be a serious compatibility issue between the latest version of Cubase and all of our products. We will have to dig deeper into it before we are completely sure.

Did you have any other Sonic Charge product loaded into the project as well? Have you tried starting a new project and just adding and removing Microtonic and nothing else?

• Denis Woods

Hi

Microtonic still crashes in a completely empty Cubase 8.5 project, log attached
    Microt crash Cubase 8.5 Empty project.txt(116kB, 883 downloads)

Permut8, Echobode and Bitspeak are all fine.

I loaded a an expired demo of Synplant and it was ok

Hope this helps

• Denis Woods

Any update ?

• Fredrik Lidström

Yes, we have tested this and been able to reproduce it. Still have no clue exactly what is going on. My first guess was wrong, as you say, it is a Microtonic specific error. I have narrowed it down to only crashing if you have had an OS dialog opened (like open preset).

• Magnus Lidström

Hey guys. I finally found the cause of this problem and I have hopefully resolved it. The fix will be included in the next Microtonic update (no release date set yet).

• Denis Woods

Any update on the fix?

• Frank Heller

I have had the exact same problem but with Cubase 9.0.1. I submitted a trouble report some weeks ago. The responses appeared as though this problem was unkown but since coming to this forum I discovered this thread....started in January of last year. In August, Magnus states he found the problem and would include the fix in the next release. Again....that was in August. I have to ask: how long will we have to wait around for a release to fix this.

Last night, I spent an hour on a project sampling off the MicroTonic drums into Battery and then rebuilding a new project from saved tracks and a midi file so I could continue to work without crashing after closing the project. This is no way to work.

I find the progress on this issue rather disappointing. Surely a hotfix could be released for Cubase users?

• Denis Woods

Totally agree Frank

• Magnus Lidström

Sorry, I believe I have fixed this in the upcoming version 3.2. Lets get you two on to the beta group so that you can verify it. Please apply here: http://soniccharge.com/betareg. We will upload the first beta of 3.2 in a day or two.

• Frank Heller

Thanks for dealing with this, Magnus. Signed up.

• Frank Heller

Works. Thanks, Magnus. Left a report in the proper thread.

• Marion Denny

Hi Magnus - I'm having this trouble in Cubase 9 as well. The entire DAW drops immediately if the first thing I do is try to load a pattern (like hitting the next/prev buttons). I discovered that if I use other controls first it seems to work (at least for some time). Hope this gets fixed soon - this is one of my favorite plugins! :)

• Marion Denny

Actually, never mind - I had installed the plugins on my new machine last night and just noticed I missed the new version posted for download by a few hours. New version works (and looks) great! Thank you!

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.