About to have too many PCs Authorized?

German Fafian311 views5 posts
  • German Fafian

Hello there,

Today I purchased Permut8 and when authorizing it online I saw the following message;

"You have authorized 3 computers

Please make sure to comply to the terms of the End User License Agreement for the products you are authorizing. Failure to comply may result in the termination of your license"

I have had about 3 different PCs since I first purchased Microtonic years ago and today, after buying and installing Permuta8 I found out I will receive a new Laptop as a Christmas present from my wife. So I will have to uninstall Windows in my present PC (will be running Linux from tomorrow on :) ) and install everything from scratch in my new DAW.
    Will it be an issue? I just don't want to have problems re-installing my Sonic Charge software. Specially for the "Failure to comply may result in the termination of your license" part.
    I am running my software in only one PC.
    Anything I need to do before messing up my license?

Thanks for any advice and for the great software.

• Meffy Ellis

I got that too, for two computers authorized. So I did some googling and found that individual license holders are allowed to authorize Microtonic, Synplant, Permut8, and Bitspeek on as many computers as they own, with the stipulation that it's just for their own personal use, not to be shared among users as in a studio. Here's the FAQ item I found:

https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/35-can-i-use-one-license-on-both-my-computers

Echobode isn't mentioned. I hope it's included too, as I have a Windows PC with Sonar and a MacBook Pro with Logic. I don't know whether the same terms apply to the Reason Rack Extension versions; I haven't got them.

I suppose the message we got is a reminder, not a warning.

[edited to add] There's this too. http://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/643-how-do-i-remove-an-authorized-computer?unread=2726&~post2726 No mention of which plug-ins it applies to, so I'm guessing Echobode is included.

• German Fafian

Thanks a lot for the reply.
    Getting my new Laptop ready right now :)

• Meffy Ellis

Herzliche Weihnachtsgrüße!

• German Fafian

Danke!

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.