Microtonic RE For Reason?

Trevor D.BEYDAG251 views3 posts
  • Trevor D.BEYDAG

Hello Magnus,

I'm using Microtonic more than 7 years, this is my inspiring beat maker.
    Would you plan to make a RE Rack Extension for reason?
    This is the big missing point in my work flow on Reason. I have to switch between ableton and Reason I don't like using reason and ableton master/slave mode because of performance issue.

With my kind regards
    Trevor

• Magnus Lidström

Microtonic was my first choice for porting to Rack Extensions when Propellerheads approached me to discuss the technology. Unfortunately, to get RE 1.0 out in time they had to leave out many important features that are necessary to port Microtonic. The only Sonic Charge product that could be "easily" ported was Bitspeek, so we did that and then went on to create something unique to Reason (at that point): Echobode.

Since then RE has been updated a number of times, but it still lacks features to make a complex machine like Microtonic feel as fully integrated as, say their own Redrum. Furthermore we are a small team of only two people and I still write 100% of the code myself. It is very difficult to find time for new projects between "maintenance work" and for the past couple of years we have felt the need to focus on VST and AU as those formats are most important for sustaining our business.

In short: we are not ruling out RE for the future, but you should not be holding your breath either. ;)

• Trevor D.BEYDAG

Thank you for your reply, it made me happy to hear from you. As I'm half developer half musician I can understand well the situation. Microtonic is like a famous music in music world and you are the compositor of this beautiful song. Big respect.
    I hope to hear about your new application/plugin whatever interesting.
    Have a nice day!
    P.S. Bitspeek is the RE that I bought without any hesitation :-D

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.