How do I remove an authorized computer?

Richard Manning352 views8 posts
  • Richard Manning

I want to remove an old computer from the list of authorized computers. How do I do this?

• Fredrik Lidström

You don't need to, under normal use (counting reinstallations and switching computers) you will never run into any problems. Our licenses are personal and allows you to install the product on any number of computers that you own and personally use.

• Wojciech Cholascinski

Hi, and what about the scenario of formatting a drive/OS installation containing an unused authorization? I've faced it because I've had spotted the existance of the operation of first unauthorize (uninstall) Synplant prior to such movement.

• Fredrik Lidström

We encourage that you unregister / uninstall on computers that you give away or sell so that no one else uses the software. If you have formatted the drive or reset the installation, then that has the same effect. The number of authorized computers shown on the Authenticator page is currently life-time installations and cannot be decreased or reset.

• Wojciech Cholascinski

After installig the 1.2.2 update I had to pass the auhorization process and I saw there are 2 authorizations in use but I have it (and use) on only one machine. So, if my harddrive (knock on wood it won't) will fail twice then I end up with 0 left authorizations thus I would be pahished for that? Do I understand it good?

• Wojciech Cholascinski

So, what's the answer actually?

• Fredrik Lidström

You will not run into any problems.

Our licenses are personal and allows you to install the product on any number of computers that you own and personally use.
  • Wojciech Cholascinski

Thank you!

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.