Show us your Sonic Charge creations

Dennis Harms12 453 views101 posts
Page 1 of 2
  • Dennis Harms

Hi everyone!

Plain and simple:

My first few minutes with MT3: microtonic-3-test by bronto-scorpio

And some crazy things happen if you combine MT3 with some plugins of one of my other favourite plugin developers:
    microtonic-vs-freqecho-and by bronto-scorpio

Would be nice to hear what you guys squeeze out of MT3 :)

Cheers
    Dennis

• Magnus Lidström

- Bronto Scorpio wrote:
    My first few minutes with MT3:
    microtonic-3-test by bronto-scorpio

Yeah! Pretty slick. Thanks for sharing.

• Magnus Lidström

Btw, I found this the other day collecting dust on my drive. Possibly, this was the first time I gave MicroTonic a spin myself. Some eight years ago.

cuhurka by malstrom

• K Efting

Hi guys! still learning about all the wonderful things you can do with this great software, but this song was made using microtonic.

airplane-race by kevtrax

• John Engle

Here is my first MicroTonic experiment. Also features patterns from the Patternarium as well as Synplant for the synth tracks.

extra-atemporal-rendition by jingle

• Dennis Harms

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    Yeah! Pretty slick. Thanks for sharing.

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    Btw, I found this the other day collecting dust on my drive. Possibly, this was the first time I gave MicroTonic a spin myself. Some eight years ago.
    cuhurka by malstrom

Really cool to hear some of the early MT stuff :)

Cheers
    Dennis

• Scott Oram

microplant by elipsis1

This was all microtonic and synplant. I just wanted to try them out together, so I made this simple little groove.

enjoy :)

• Magnus Lidström

- elipsis1 wrote:
    microplant by elipsis1
    This was all microtonic and synplant. I just wanted to try them out together, so I made this simple little groove.

Sweet. I like the "body" you have given to µTonic here. What is it? Just good eq'ing, compression & reverb?

• Magnus Lidström

(This thread is awesome by the way! I've enjoyd all the clips so far! Thanks for sharing. This is what drives me creating plug-ins, to hear when people actually put them to good use.)

• Dennis Harms

- elipsis1 wrote:
    microplant by elipsis1

Awesome!

Cheers
    Dennis

• Scott Oram

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    Sweet. I like the "body" you have given to µTonic here. What is it? Just good eq'ing, compression & reverb?

Hmm, well I know that I used "OldTimer ME" compressor by PSP Audio (get it now it's $79 till end of the month) which allows compression of Mid or Side aspects of the stereo field. I compressed the Mid channel of the microtonic, then went into a vintage warmer by PSP Audioware, and the EQ was Aether. I believe Aether added a lot to the body / sound of uTonic. The PSP plugins are great too. Oh yeah, I used their StereoPack as well on the uTonic track :)

I'm very glad that you liked the sound of the uTonic track.

I think one of the keys to getting microtonic to cut through a mix is mid/side eq. It really seems to put everything where it needs to be. Boost only "mid" information eq on the low end, rolloff all "side" low end. On the highs use the "side" info and boost to taste. Play around with mid/side in the midrange. This can really make a big difference, at least to me.

Hopefully these little tips will help others too.

Great software guys! Sonic Charge has always been top notch in my book! :)

• James Drabble

Love the beat and the haunted atmosphere of it elipsis.

• Kristian Tilgner

YouTube Video

heavy usage in this track all kicks, sweeps, & filter variations & automations made with micro tonic in ableton live cant remember ..end of 2007!
    have fun
  • sam unlisted

the drums and percussion on the song "games" is all microtonic - http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/artist_songs/969759

• Dennis Harms

Not really a track but everything you hear comes out of Microtonic + effects :)
    bronto-scorpio-a-little by bronto-scorpio

Just wanted to test some generative things here.
    MT and Reaktor (as effect on MT) get sequenced by 2 different Nova3 sequencers :)

Cheers
    Dennis

• Scott Oram

I used uTonic for the beat at the intro of this song:

our-home-in-heaven-radio-edit by elipsis1

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/our-home-in-heaven-radio-edit/id452263926

• Tits Willy

MicroTonic features all through, heavily filtered at first, later complimented with live drums.

tumbler-change-the-weather by tumblermusic

• Michael Forshaw

i made this with the demo of microtonic, just bought it so i can carry on finishing the track :)

michael-forshaw-crack-skulls by michael-forshaw

• Gerald Heyd

Here are examples of some tracks/ideas i'm working on at the moment. These are not finished yet so please excuse the repetitive loop character.

Greetings from bavaria.

unlabora-holocula-demo by pocvecem

zoosmotic-demo by pocvecem

spectralis-demo by pocvecem

• philip formby

first time getting to grips with it ,still a demo though ,all drums microtonic other stuff fabfilter twin 2.host daw ableton live 8 suite

exotica-build-1-mad-starter by philip-formby-1

• Joseph Caterinicchio

An experiment (as usual) in using limited instruments - in this case, microTonic and Synplant.

I started with a Patternarium patch as a "seed". The plan was for something far more improvisational and experimental (fail). 1 of 1 for now, but maybe I'll do more.

DAW: Live
    1 instance of MicroTonic
    7 instances of Synplant
    Delay
    ValhallaRoom verb on a single send. EQ, sat, compression, and of course Ozone for extra crispiness :D

Enjoy! (I hope)

random-charges-1 by joe-cat

• Joseph Caterinicchio

Here's another "Random Charge" :)

As before:
    I started with a Patternarium patch as a "seed"
    DAW: Live
    1 instance of MicroTonic
    7 instances of Synplant
    Delay
    ValhallaRoom verb, EQ, sat, compression, and of course Ozone for extra crispiness.

This one could have been called "Brought My Wurli to the Rain Forest and Found a Drum Circle" :lol:

random-charges-2 by joe-cat

• Magnus Lidström

This thread is pure bliss. So many good tracks lately! It really means a lot to me to hear what people are making with my little softs.

Keep 'em coming!

(Btw, I renamed the topic to "Show us your Sonic Charge creations" instead of just "MicroTonic creations". I hope the original poster won't mind.)

• Christian

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    Keep 'em coming!

The drums are from uTonic, the "vocals" from bitspeek.

no-sound-but-the-speechsynth by exle

Christian

• anonymous

hi there,

here is a demo, made with mt3 & distortions, synplant, other softsynths. enjoy.

http://www.subroom.com/sonic%20barrier_demo3_19_12_12.mp3

have a nice apocalypse ;) - a merry x-mas and a happy new year.
    visit me at my website and facebook.
    cheers!

• anonymous

- Christian Wiesner wrote:
    Christian

very nice! :)

• grif5332

- Christian Wiesner wrote:
    Christian

This is awesome! Great stuff!

• Christian

Thanks, I'm happy to hear this.

Christian

• chrlstn

Just purchased Bitspeak yesterday after thinking about it for almost 2 years. I love the work Sonic Charge. I remember I first found the work of Magnus when I was looking up the designer of the Malström synth back when I used to use Reason. I stumbled across the Sonic Charge website. Synplant was just being released. I demoed it, loved it, and quickly bought it along withµTonic.

All that to say. Bitspeek is another marvel of Magnus and crew. I don't know why I waited so long.
    Here is my first time using Bitspeak.

All sounds, save the drums, are made with a voicemail processed with bitspeak. The drums are sampled from my old Gameboy. When I don't have a lot of time for music this is how I keep my brain engaged.

https-~~-//soundcloud.com/charlestonpatrick/voicemail-01-danti

• Magnus Lidström

- chrlstn wrote:
    All that to say. Bitspeek is another marvel of Magnus and crew. I don't know why I waited so long.

Thanks! :)

https-~~-//soundcloud.com/charlestonpatrick/voicemail-01-danti

"Something went wrong on SoundCloud" :(

• chrlstn

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    "Something went wrong on SoundCloud" :(

Oh man... sorry. I accidentally tore those down from soundcloud when I was weeding. I'll throw em back up.

I'm actually making a little project that people can call and leave a vm and I'll upload it as a silly little chopped up 8bit-inspired jam. Its called Telejam. USA-6154129677

Here are the first two samples re-uploaded under Telejam

voicemail-01-danti by telejam-1

voicemail-02-shua by telejam-1

• Magnus Lidström

- chrlstn wrote:
    Oh man... sorry. I accidentally tore those down from soundcloud when I was weeding. I'll throw em back up.
    I'm actually making a little project that people can call and leave a vm and I'll upload it as a silly little chopped up 8bit-inspired jam. Its called Telejam. USA-6154129677
    Here are the first two samples re-uploaded under Telejam
    voicemail-01-danti by telejam-1
    voicemail-02-shua by telejam-1

Haha! That was awesome. :)

• Ingo Ziermann

http://muellerziermann.bandcamp.com/track/resource-1-featuring-personalbedarfsdeckung

kind regards from berlin!

• Ann Lusch

Greetings to all, from just outside Detroit, Michigan, USA.

Here's something I made using Microtonic, Synplant, and a bit of Permut8 (with various other plugins for EQ, compression, limiting, distortion, and reverb.)

https://soundcloud.com/plusch/unqualist-21

Renoise Microtonic Synplant Permut8 Toneboosters

Test remix and video project for old band.

Obligatory warning: lower your volume before pressing play.

YouTube Video

Second failed attempt at remixing Roy Batty's soliloquy, using Permut8's SAM.

http://soundcloud.com/daemonarmada/20130521_batty01fail

• philter

![](http://www.mixcloud.com/philtonlive/der-musikalische-muskel/)

here is a sound demo i´d like to share with you. 30 minutes crazy sounds and experimental noises, ,

produced with a SYNPLANT and a MICROTONIC device only!

no other instruments, no FX. 100% PURE SONIC CHARGE Sound!

it was a spontaneous recorded jam session i made with a friend.

so don´t bother with the (missing) arrangement or some other mistakes& glitches.

( hi-fideliy sound enthusiast , be warned hehe! :D) I don´t know how to describe the musical style ,it´s some kind of strange-beepy-noisy -live techno with a huge portion randomness :P... the wide range of sounds you can achieve with Microtonic & Synplant only (!) is just amazing, the recording is quite old, i allready posted the track a while ago but as all the links in my post were broken i thought i´ll re-upload it here in the "show us your Sonic Chartge creations" forum

. Enjoy it!

http://www.mixcloud.com/philtonlive/der-musikalische-muskel/

der-musikalische-muskel#play by minimalfabrik

• Jeremy

Hey guys, Microtonic is my absolutely favorite plugin in the entire world!! I made this after the second day of ownership, not sure exactly what genre it is, but it's got sappy brake-up-woe-is-me vocals, and an accidental saxaphone patch on a Minibrute. :) I tried to get the percussion fairly "natural" sounding which was much easier than I first anticipated. Obviously it's all from Microtonic!

powerless by aktuator

How do you post the player directly in the post btw? I feel dumb. :(

• Fredrik Lidström

- Jeremy wrote:
    How do you post the player directly in the post btw? I feel dumb. :(

Just type the URL, but it doesn't handle https, so I changed it to http in your post. =)

Love the track!

Sorry, nothing new to post yet. I just wanted to drop a quick compliment on the low cpu.

That probably is one of the greatest attributes imo. Great job on balancing the quality and versatily of sound with low cpu.

I tend to really get into synthesizing each sound and its like deep sea diving. Low cpu = more air = more time to explore, as opposed to cpu hungry vst's which not only sucks the life out my cpu but any motivation to move forward.

I'm slowly moving to a sonic charge based musical environment because of it. And getting the sounds I want out of it is pretty damm quick too.

• Magnus Lidström

- Jeremy wrote:
    Jeremy, on 13 Jun 2013 - 4:45 PM, said:
    Hey guys, Microtonic is my absolutely favorite plugin in the entire world!! I made this after the second day of ownership, not sure exactly what genre it is, but it's got sappy brake-up-woe-is-me vocals, and an accidental saxaphone patch on a Minibrute. :) I tried to get the percussion fairly "natural" sounding which was much easier than I first anticipated. Obviously it's all from Microtonic!

Yeah. This is really, really good. Keep it up!

• Magnus Lidström

- 00.1 wrote:
    00.1, on 22 Jun 2013 - 04:46 AM, said:
    That probably is one of the greatest attributes imo. Great job on balancing the quality and versatily of sound with low cpu.

Thanks! Makes me glad to hear someone is appreciating the stupendous amount of time I plow into optimizing my algorithms. Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile, but hey, I am a perfectionist. It's not an option not to optimize. :)

• Jeremy

Ok first off a big huge massive overwhelming thank you to Magnus and Erik!! Nobody really listens to my music and so to even give it the time of day, and much less a compliment coming from the creator of two of my all time favorite instruments (maelstrom + microtonic) is just insane!! Thank you guys again 1000x!!

Here's another new one, 100% MT on the drums. Once again sappy vocals. This time I used it in a sort of "my own personal robot drummer" role. Meaning, it's basically just a slightly edited preset (which speaks to the quality of the presets!!) and the entire song is sequenced from the pattern blocks in MT itself. No sequencing in the DAW environment outside of volume automation. Once again it fit the song perfectly and kept me inspired while writing parts on top of it and that is huge to me. To have amazing presets like that means I can just put my hands on the keyboard and start playing and get my idea out before it flies off into creative outer space, that's tremendous!

Here it is:

burnt by aktuator

Oh and let me also hugely second the STUPID low cpu usage of this thing. It's criminal that it should take so little given the power of the sound itself. Just remarkable especially in the face of it's "peers" (though it basically has none).

6 days until I get Synplant! Yay! (yeah, I'm poor)

Also trying to pull off an entire MT + vox only song, but it's taking a lot of work, so that will come in a bit! :)

• Dan Baber

Hi my name is Dan Baber,

I have been using microtonic since it was first introduced to me by a good friend and production partner around 2007 and I have been using it exclusively for all my percussion etc since. I love how intuitive the program is and how literally within a minute or two I can have a completely original beat happening with original bespoke patches etc.

I don't know if it would be possible to improve on this software and I rave about it to anyone who will listen.

The following link is to a track due to be released on Inlab Recordings that is almost entirely microtonic (In Ableton). Everything other than the strings kick and bassline was made with microtonic + effects.

https://soundcloud.com/inlabrecordings/dan-baber-immersion-original

Thanks for such a brilliant piece of software!!!!

Cheers,

Dan

• Carlo Del Prato

greets to the sonic chargers and those sonic charged...

two features:

track using Tonic and, ehrm, mr.Malstrom in the middle.

drumputer by fuzzyparts

long piece with six, seven Synplant & Malstrom parts, even a "duet".

clitofono by fuzzyparts

hope you'll enjoy.

• Clemens

Hey Jeremy,

wonderful song "Powerless", but it isn't Powerless.

Great stuff. Love it.

All the years I worked with "Big expensive VST's" and now I have to find this great SW.

Incredible !

I love the way I can work with. Everything with a great sound and a different but simple way to find new sounds.

Please keep it up- Lovely crazy Sonic-Team pls go ahead.

• sameloop

Hi there. Just thought I'd share a little ditty:

blank-point by scubapig

Featuring Microtonic, Permut8 and a sprinkling of Synplant.

Cheers.

• SIC

Hi ,

Made this a while back..
    lonely-moon by jethrobull

Every sound you hear (excluding the sampled vocal and break beat) has been composed using Synplant,uTonic and Permut8 on FX.
    Hope you enjoy.

Thank you Magnus & Fredrik Lidström for this wonderful software.

• aoVI

Permut8!

https://ontol.bandcamp.com/track/a-resolution-of-dreams

• fxbip

Track made with synplant and microtonic only,fx used are only eq and stereo enhancer from reaper.I did a quick mastering on top of it.
    I made this to show to IMMENSE darkness and experimental potential of these plugins.Thanks Sonic Charge for the amazing stuff!!!
    (Guys if you like it i can give you the wav for the site no problemo)
    synplant-vs-microtonicapocalypse-mix by fxbip

• SIC

as-far-as-i-can-see by jethrobull

• aoVI

Using Permut8 and Echobode:

https://magnesson-ontol.bandcamp.com

• SIC

sticking-point by jethrobull

• timbralzoom

recorded live while testing the Reaper Script (LBX Stripper)...
    so just a live tweak madness more than a creation..
    all sounds comes from Microtonic multi
    except one kick and one snare addition.

YouTube Video
  • timbralzoom

one more
    techy-brushes-livebounce by subcase

• Elan Hickler

Just using bitspeek for the voice in this video:

YouTube Video

I am controlling pitch 100% via daw automation which gets rid of the glitchiness from the bitspeek pitch tracking and creates a clean sound. Also, I clean up the input audio with a noise gate.

• e@rs

This track is made for the KVR One Synth Challenge #98 Any Synth. It's actually the 100th edition of this challenge (because of 2 extra special editions), and one could choose whatever synth he wanted for this round.

So, just to show everybody my love for Sonic Charge, I didn't choose my Diva, Bazille, Hive, ACE or DUNE 2, and went with Synplant. Also used Echobode a bit.

Wish I had more time to fine-tune things, but in the end this is what I submitted.

Enjoy!

ears-blossom by sunsyn

• timbralzoom

Hi,
    all sounds comes from MT3 nothing extra (except reverb & delay comp. etc. fxes.)
    trying to create kind a random groove generator
    via mixing randomly MT3 presets and channels in hand made matrix ..
    not bad i guess :)
    i am still wishing an extensive preset manager with
    Midi Bank MSB LSB & Program Change support
    something like UHE MFM2 has.. which is great imho.
    anyway..
    hope you like it.

YouTube Video
  • Drew Bennett

- timbralzoom wrote:
    Hi,
    all sounds comes from MT3 nothing extra (except reverb & delay comp. etc. fxes.)
    anyway..
    hope you like it.

Loving this, especially now I know about this extension for Reaper that I always hoped for thanks!!

• timbralzoom

- Andrew Bennett wrote:
    - timbralzoom wrote:
    Hi,
    anyway..
    hope you like it.
    Loving this, especially now I know about this extension for Reaper that I always hoped for thanks!!

Hi,
    glad you like it!
    here is new one so far so good to me!

YouTube Video
Page 1 of 2

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.