Microtonic and Tracktion

boudin boudin323 views9 posts
  • boudin boudin

Hi,

Microtonic UI is lazzy within tracktion 6 on OSX, waveform display and played note lightening
    What can be done ?
    Note, it works fine within other DAWs, Logic, reaper, live.

• boudin boudin

Bump, no coders awaken here.

• Magnus Lidström

Sorry. I'm a bit sleepy these days. I'm on some sort of a semi-vacation. :)

I just tried to reproduce this problem with Tracktion 6.1.10. I tested both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, but the oscilloscope and play-position in Microtonic ran nicely in sync here. Could you tell me a bit more about your setup? Exact version of Tracktion and OS X?

• boudin boudin

Tracktion 6.2.0 and OSX 10.10.3

• Magnus Lidström

6.2 is beta right? Do you know if you have this problem in 6.1 as well or if it is something new? Sounds to me like it might have something to do with latency compensation. Microtonic is fairly unique in that it tries to synchronize GUI updates with the audio taking the full audio latency (as reported by the DAW) into account.

Have you tried any of our other plug-ins, e.g. Permut8?

• boudin boudin

Yes, 6.2 is beta.
    Microtonic is trial version because I want to be sure it works before I purchase.
    Microtonic GUi was also lazzy with former Tracktion versions but is fine with other DAWs, Reaper and Logic.

I haven't try Permut8.

• boudin boudin

- boudin boudin wrote:
    Yes, 6.2 is beta.
    Microtonic is trial version because I want to be sure it works before I purchase.
    Microtonic GUi was also lazzy with former Tracktion versions but is fine with other DAWs, Reaper and Logic.
    I haven't tried Permut8.
  • Magnus Lidström

Ok, and the beta is not public right? Can't find anything about it. No p if so, I'll get in touch with Julian Storer about getting access. I forgot to ask, are you running 32-bit or 64-bit Tracktion? Could you describe how you feel it's sluggish? Is the animation jerky, moving slowly, or is it lagging far behind?

• boudin boudin

You can find the beta on TSC site on public beta page.
    32 bits.
    The played notes lightning and the output waveform display is chopped, like micro freezings.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.