FR: morph for individual drum channels

Shelby Edwards263 views6 posts
  • Shelby Edwards

I absolutely love the morphing feature. However, more often than not, I don't want to morph the entire kit. It's just usually a little too wild for what I have in mind.

If there was a per channel slider for morphing, it would be amazing. Also, I frequently thought it would be really great to be able to modulate morphing by velocity. That would be fantastic, and put microtonic even further into its own league IMO.

thanks

• Collett Andrew

You can do this by copying the drum track (say Kick drum} at the left of the morph slider, move the slider to the right and paste, now your kick drum remains unchanged. Think of the possibilities :)

• Shelby Edwards

just wanna bump this. I think it's a great idea. ;)

• Akod

Obviously, it would necessitate some UI grunt work, but I too, think that would be a great improvement to my most used soft drum box, and missed it more than once. :-)

There are workarounds of course, and you probably already considered it, but may be is it worth to reconsider?

• Akod

@Collett Andrew: You can't morph independently different sounds that way.

And modulate morphing with velocity would definitely be useful...

• Tom Mosler

+1000000 for individual morph per drum sound cell.

Then we would have 8 morph macro knobs for tweaking live and one master morph slider for transforming whole kit. Lovely idea. Please Magnus, we all know you can do it! :)

For now the only workaround I have is to use several Microtonic instances, one instance per drum sound, but it's messy.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.