Script Dev Package

Magnus Lidström3 546 views7 posts
  • Magnus Lidström

As mentiond in this post, the scripts for MicroTonic are written in PikaScript, a language that I first developed for driving the Synplant GUI some years ago. We encourage you to create new MicroTonic scripts or modify the existing ones and the following zip package contains the necessary documentation in order to get going:

MicroTonic Scripts Dev Pack.zip(77.4kB, 862 downloads)

"PikaScript Documentation.html" is probably the first to read, although it is not actually 100% complete yet.

"MicroTonic PikaScript Reference.html" contains documentation on the API for controlling MicroTonic and interfacing with its data structures.

"help/index.html" is an export of the built-in function reference guide in PikaScript. (It's like the "man" of PikaScript.)

"Prompt.pika" is a script that simply provides a text box where you can execute single PikaScript statements for trying them out.

"Test MRPikaEngine.pika" is just a unit-test. Not sure why I put it in this package actually. :) Well, it does provide a few examples as it tests every single function of the API.

That is it I guess. Good luck!

Oh, if you write scripts and get errors, you are pretty much lost in the dark unless you run 'debug.pika' once. Then you will have detailed error info traced to Console (Mac) or DebugView (Windows).

• Sjoerd van Geffen

Awesome! Although probably a bit over my head, I'll dive into the docs tonight to see if I can wrap my head around it...

• grymmjack

Fantastic. What a cool little language.

• Magnus Lidström

- grymmjack wrote:
    Fantastic. What a cool little language.

Thanks. Not nearly as cool as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LOLCODE though. Had I known about it last year this would have been the obvious choice of scripting language. ;-)

• R.A.W.

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    Thanks. Not nearly as cool as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LOLCODE though. Had I known about it last year this would have been the obvious choice of scripting language. ;-)

LOL B)

I had a real good laugh just now.. after programming in VB .NET at work the whole day I needed that ;)

• Meffy Ellis

Magnus, I'm just glad you aren't using Kvikkalkul. You'd have had to move to Finland.

• DruMunkey

Solved my own ?: If anyone cares, here are the patch param index values:

0 : OscWave
    1 : OscFreq
    2 : OscAtk
    3 : OscDcy
    4 : ModMode
    5 : ModRate
    6 : ModAmt
    7 : NFilMod
    8 : NFilFrq
    9 : NFilQ
    10 : NStereo
    11 : NEnvMod
    12 : NEnvAtk
    13 : NEnvDcy
    14 : Mix
    15 : DistAmt
    16 : EQFreq
    17 : EQGain
    18 : Level
    19 : Pan
    20 : Output
    21 : Choke
    22 : OscVel
    23 : NVel
    24 : ModVel

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.