Aphex Twin talks about TX16W and Typhoon

Magnus Lidström1 976 views6 posts
  • Magnus Lidström

Haven't read the entire interview yet, but this part caught my eye and brought a big ugly smile to my face that won't go away. I made Typhoon right about the time I first heard his stuff (91-93). I didn't recognize his name when he bought it, but he wrote to me with some support question once. My reply was very late and we never got in touch again. I could never have imagined that 20+ years later he would still use it. (I wonder if he knows about Cyclone.)

From http://noyzelab.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/syrobonkers-part1.html :

tx16w is is my fave sampler&ensoniq mirage, tx has to have typhoon o.s though. love the workflow, sep processor for the filters :)
    its like a dx7 but with a sampler, in terms of the envelopes, uberultra snappy, can make kicks from sine waves etc,
    has so many good functions, i can use mine so quickly now, that typhoon is a work of art.
    esp using midi keyboard/controllers to operate it e.g. using midi note numbers for entering alpha character names,modulation wheel 4 data entry etc etc, hardly anyone does that..such an oversight.

• TORLEY

Also, from Part 2:

rich: still havnt found it, its here somewhere, i hope. tht bitspeak plugin i was tellin u about is Vgood, im sure loads of people will jump on that .
  • Earth Stink

what does he mean its like a dx7 with a sampler? been wondering ever since...

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.