Simple Microtonic script to remove fills from all patterns

Fredrik Lidström1 074 views1 post
  • Fredrik Lidström

I got this support question by email from a customer and wanted to post the answer here in case anyone else want it (or just wants to look at it).

[blockquote]I use MT a LOT as a midi drum sequencer (sometime that I don't see others talk about. and it's really a shame... MT is probably the best MIDI drum sequencer there is, and people don't realize it !).
    For instance, I'll use it to drive Geist lite, Xoxos BONG, ltmLab Vintage Drum Machines, Marvin VST Drum Synths - and so on and so forth.

The thing is : those drum machine don't like flam. it sounds horrible, and as of now, upon choosing a pattern I like, I have to go and edit each trigger - one by one - and disable the flam.

Is there a way to a "one button" disable flam on the pattern - as a whole ? (which means : none of the buttons on the four part sequence will have its flam enabled).[/blockquote]

I thought I would help him out by writing a small script that removes the fill on all steps.

include('stdlib.pika');function { // Implemented as an anonymous function to allow local variables.     // Load current preset from Microtonic into an variable called "preset"    getElement('preset', @preset);     // Use this statement if you want the script to remove fill of all patterns listed here    //   set(@PATTERNLIST, 'a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e', 'f', 'g', 'h', 'i', 'j', 'k', 'l');     //    // Use this statement if you only want to remove fills on the selected pattern    //   set(@PATTERNLIST, selected('pattern'));    set(@PATTERNLIST, 'a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e', 'f', 'g', 'h', 'i', 'j', 'k', 'l');      // Step through the pattern list    // (foreach will loop through each element in the variable @PATTERNLIST)    foreach(@PATTERNLIST, >{        // ($1 = the current element from 'a' to 'l')         // Step through all 8 channels        // (channel count starts at 1 and ends at 8)                for (ch = 1; ch <= CHANNEL_COUNT; ++ch) {            // preset.patterns               = an "array" of each of the 12 patterns            // preset.patterns[$1]           = an "array" of each of the 8 channels            // preset.patterns[$1][ch]       = a "container" with all of the pattern params            // preset.patterns[$1][ch].fills = all the fills for a channel in the pattern            // Just blatantly set the fills to '-' on all 16 steps            preset.patterns[$1][ch].fills = '----------------';        }    });     // Set the preset data in Microtonic to what is in the "preset" variable    setElement('preset', @preset);}();

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.