Microtonic 64bit and 32bit bridged version together

Alexander Biesty435 views3 posts
  • Alexander Biesty

Hi. I would like to upgrade to the 64bit version of microtonic but when I do that it uninstalls my 32bit bridged version meaning my old tracks no longer sound correct. Is there a way around this? I use Live 9 64 bit on a Windows 7 laptop if that helps. Thanks.

• Fredrik Lidström

Hi there. Microtonic 3.1 should sound exactly as your previous version if you load it in. Now I say "should" because there have been some glitches how well hosts handles that we renamed the .dll files.

Now technically there are no limitation from our side to have both 3.0 and 3.1 installed. Since they are identified as the same plug-in to the host, we always uninstall the older version before upgrading to avoid problems. What you can do is install 3.0 again, go into your VST folder and copy the dll files. Then when you reinstall 3.1 it will remove the .dlls and install the new ones. Now you can take the ones you copied and put them back in the folder.

• Alexander Biesty

Thanks for the reply Fredrik. I eventually got around it by installing 3.1 to a different folder then installing 3.0 again.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.