Using Bitspeek in Live 9

lkj123564 views2 posts
  • lkj123

Can anyone help me get bitspeek to work in Live 9. I would normally send the audio track into the vocoder track, but there's no option to do so in the 'audio to' menu of the audio track. I haven't had any luck with the manual either.

• Fredrik Lidström

Now I am no Live expert, but after taking a quick look at it, there seems to be a number of different ways to use Bitspeek in Live.

The easiest way is to click the header of a track and then drop a Bitspeek Plug-In down in the Mixer Drop Area. Once it is on an audio track, you can create MIDI tracks and then send "MIDI To" -> Audio track -> Bitspeek

Another way is to drop Bitspeek in the Clip / Device drop area to create a new track for it. It should then show up in the "Audio To" of your audio track so you can route the sound into it.

Third way I found is to drop Bitspeek in an return track and then feed the audio into it with the other tracks "Sends" dials. You can select "Sends only" in the "Audio To" drop down if needed.

If you do not see the IO drop downs in the tracks, make sure they are enabled by clicking the small (IO) icon on the right or going to the View menu -> In/Out.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.