The Brother

Fredrik Lidström3 351 views9 posts
  • Fredrik Lidström

Hi, I'm Fredrik Lidström the (big) little brother. I live out on the Swedish country side with kids, dogs, cats and horses, but still spend 98% of my time awake staring at a flat screen.

I have always been involved in Sonic Charge to some extent, but the past years it has been my full-time job. I do everything you see regarding Sonic Charge, from website and forum to GUI for all products. I also work with all the day to day "groundkeeping", like maintaining all production and development servers, systems and handling the charming customer support. =)

• John Engle

Synplant has the coolest GUI ever!

• Fredrik Lidström

Thank John! I must admit that tho I push the final pixels, the concepts and realization of the GUIs are a collaboration between me and Magnus through out the whole process.

I was digging through early concept graphics and though it would be quite fun to share these as the first ones are so far off from what the final GUI is, but at the same time, very similar. =)

(I have shortened the timeline, there were a lot of steps between these and also after these.)

ConceptA - 2006 Concept1 - 2006 Concept6 - Jan 2007 Concept9B - Mar 2007
    ConceptualA.png
    concept1.png
    concept6.png
    concept9B.png
  • Dennis Harms

- Fredrik Lidström wrote:
    Thank John! I must admit that tho I push the final pixels, the concepts and realization of the GUIs are a collaboration between me and Magnus through out the whole process.
    I was digging through early concept graphics and though it would be quite fun to share these as the first ones are so far off from what the final GUI is, but at the same time, very similar. =)
    (I have shortened the timeline, there were a lot of steps between these and also after these.)

Interesting!

Concept1 looks awesome!

Cheers
    Dennis

• Dave

thanks for that

very interesting

• iks

thank you for your work Fredrik! really like these UI's and any other graphic element on the website too :D

• Oliver Schmitt

wow, great job, fredrik !

• J. Pablo Arceo

- Fredrik Lidström wrote:

OH man you definately rock dude I love your taste in design. Thank you! :D

• Fredrik Lidström

Went on another dig, this time in my dropbox folder. Thinking about the carbon footprint (or was it time and money? :P ) I work from my home office. Magnus office is just walking distance for him, but its a 30 minute drive from me. So what we do is that we share dropbox folders that we throw a lot of screencasts, screenshots and audio into to pass ideas back and forth.

Here is the evolution of the Bitspeek interface over about a week. The inspiration was, not surprisingly, the Speak'n'Spell toy, so the early conceptual designs were made like "what if the toy was made into an effect", and then after that pulling back a bit on the similarities to not get sued. :blink:

Draft1.png
    body1.png
    knobsA.png
    Speak3.png
    speak5.png

(The first one is awesome, everyone should do GUIs in Paint).

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.