Midi mapping the Microtonic steps to Novation Launchpad in Live 9

Mike Bosch1 489 views3 posts
  • Mike Bosch

Hi,

I recently bought Microtonic and I have to say that this is one of the best plugins I have ever bought and love how cpu friendly it is.

The main reason for me to use this is in Ableton Live 9 with a launchpad for my live performance set. Since I am at the stage of creating a new midi mapping for my live performance on my Launchpads (Ihave the older one and also the Launchpad S) to make the workflow easier, without having to look at the screen of my laptop, I decided to midi map the Microtonic steps and some other functions.

Here is where my problem starts: when I want to edit the midi mapping all goes well for the square buttons, but I have a problem when it comes to mapping the oval buttons to my launchpad, and this is necessary to map the steps.

Can you please let me know how to do this? I have checked the manual several times and also watched all the youtube videos and tutorials on the internet that I could find, but none of them shows in detail how to do this, specifically on the Launchpad.

I look forward to your answer and explanation.

Keep It Spinnin'

Mike Bosch

• Fredrik Lidström

Thread bump! Did you figure this out?

(sorry I personally have no clue, I do not run Live or Launchpads, but I know that people do and we can probably sort this out if you still have problems. ;) )

• Mike Bosch

- Fredrik Lidström wrote:
    Thread bump! Did you figure this out?

(sorry I personally have no clue, I do not run Live or Launchpads, but I know that people do and we can probably sort this out if you still have problems. ;) )

Hi Fredrik,

Thank you for the reply. I haven't figured it out yet, and still need this to work, but since I have recently also bought a Livid CNTRL-R I have a workaround which works but isn't really ideal for me.

At the moment I have done the following:

I have made a drum rack and instead of using external instruments I have dragged an instance of Microtonic in each drumrack pad (so there are 16 microtonics in there now, which I can individually use with a different preset to have a mixture of all the presets).

I have then configured some of the controls and mapped them to the macros in the drum rack, in order to use these in the Livid SteppR sequencer so I have control over these parameters.

This works at the moment, but I would ideally have it all mapped to the launchpad so I can set the launchpad up as a full microtonic drum machine with step sequencer.

If you have any idea to solve this please let me know and it would be appreciated.

Keep It Spinnin'

Mike Bosch

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.