BitSpeek (RE) Pitch Automation in 90 degree angles

JWalgemoed1 037 views2 posts
  • JWalgemoed

Hi,

I was working on a project in Reason 7.0.1 today and wanted to automate the pitch for a BitSpeek RE instance. To my surprise, I was unable to draw a line between two points, I was only able to add line with steep 90 degree slopes.

I've attached an image to show what I mean. The above automation is for the pitch, the automation below that is for the finetune. I'd like to be able to draw in lines for pitch automation just as I did for the finetune control.

Is this a bug, or is this intended?

Thanks!

Jarno

pitchautomation.jpeg
  • Magnus Lidström

Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately this is due to a limitation in the RE SDK. I felt it was important to be able to transpose with exact semitones and the only way to achieve this was to split the pitch control into two parameters (coarse and fine) and let the coarse parameter be a so called "stepped" parameter.

If you want to automate smooth glides over several semitones, try creating a MIDI track for Bitspeek and use MIDI pitch bend data instead.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.