option to change folder where patches/presets will be installed

philter1 277 views3 posts
  • philter

hey guys,
    just a small question about the Installers for the microtonic/synplant patches that are available on the download site.
    would it be possible to add a option for setting a different install folder?
    just came to my mind that when installing the patches some of theese presets (maybe) overwrite patches/presets
    with the same name in the install directory that have been edited by the user ... just an idea :P

• Magnus Lidström

On PC or Mac? On Mac I believe this is very difficult (if not impossible) with the package installers.

Overwriting presets in the factory preset folder without renaming them is a very bad idea. :)

If you rename them, they should never be removed by any installer or uninstaller. If they are, that is a bug on our part.

• philter

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    On PC or Mac?

PC

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    Overwriting presets in the factory preset folder without renaming them is a very bad idea. :)

yeah that´s right hehe....my primary intention for this "feature request" was indeed just to have a option to select the install folder. maybe it´s just me but i have all my synplant/microtonic patches on another partition/hard disk,

but fortunately the whole thing is one of the problems that i can easily work around :lol:

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.