Drum Rack for using Microtonic with Ableton PUSH

Nebulae5 006 views16 posts
  • Nebulae

I created a drum rack for using Microtonic and Ableton Push. The main advantage of doing this is to see the parameters I want to use/abuse in Push when I load up extrenal VSTi inside Push. Here's a video explaining how I did it:

YouTube Video

The rack itself is here: http://nebulae.com/live/Neb_Microtonic_Rack_Push.adg

Of course, you'll need Live 9 and Microtonic (VST version) to run this file. And if you have a Push, then it gets really fun.

• Magnus Lidström

That was really cool! Thanks for sharing.

I think I should buy me a Push.

• Nebulae

It's a very very cool tool, Magnus!

• Mike Bosch

Hi guys,

I own a Livid Cntrl-R and would like to know if you have any idea of how I could use microtonic in a drumrack for the livid Steppr max for live device? I have tried several ways and can get a drumrack setup, but I would like to control the microtonic parameters in the steppr device with the CNTRL-R. If you have any ideas or suggestions please let me know.

Oh and also I would like to use 2 instances of Microtonic in the drum rack, since I need to fill all 16 pads in the drumrack for the steppr to work with it.

Keep It Spinnin'

Mike Bosch

• Olli Treiber

@

NebulaeVideo not online

Can you send me Link for this Video

Thanks

• Soundtemple

I found it better not to rack up the instances of uTonic. Instead I configure the parameters for one patch.

I organise the controls into 4 groups of 8

1. Master Controls
    1. Mixer
    1. Osc
    1. Noise

The advantage of doing it this way is..

1. When you change a preset the parameters update on the push. In a rack they dont
    1. The paramaters display %, Hz, dB, ms, on/off even wave type (Sine, triangle, Saw) on the Push. In a rack they only display 0-127.

3 Using Device control on the Push I can select the Bank (1-4) using the bank buttons and then access controls using knobs. So its easy to locate, find and control more than 8 parameters with the Push. With other controllers you have to wade through bank up/down buttons.

• loco john

Hello rishi,

I couldn't agree more that having 8 instances of MicroTonic VSTi isn't as elegant/good idea as having just one instance and then 8 channels. But how can you control each of the MicroTonic drum channel parameters separately with Push? Could you please share the .alp file for this?

Andrejs

• konfront tama

vid link busted

• Phil Arbon

http://soundtemple.com.au/shop/utoniccontrol/

This one seems to be exactly what you guys are looking for :)

• (noou)

thanks for the hint!

• Danny Jones

- Abid Hussain wrote:
    I created a drum rack for using Microtonic and Ableton Push. The main advantage of doing this is to see the parameters I want to use/abuse in Push when I load up extrenal VSTi inside Push. Here's a video explaining how I did it:
    YouTube Video

The rack itself is here: http://nebulae.com/live/Neb_Microtonic_Rack_Push.adg mws
    Of course, you'll need Live 9 and Microtonic (VST version) to run this file. And if you have a Push, then it gets really fun.

Wow...that awesome..I just like..Thanks for sharing this..

• Nebulae

You're welcome!

• Teemu Sarapisto

This is easily the best Microtonic device for Push (2) out there nowadays:
    https://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/5697/just-the-tonic

And it's free! (It's not made by me!)

At least for me, this is the first result on Google for "microtonic ableton push", so this might come in handy for others too. That's why I'm posting in such an old thread... :)

• Nebulae

Brilliant! Thanks for posting that. Clearly my video is way WAY old, so I'm very glad to see this update, and in a nice M4L package.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.