Option to display registration name or not

DrJedd67 views8 posts
  • DrJedd

Hello,

I happily bought Synplant and provided my real name for the registration process. I was provided a license which I inserted in the plugin.

But now my full name shows on the bottom right of the plugin interface, which I'd like to showcase in videos and tutorials online.

I value privacy so I would love the option to hide this, or replace it with something more generic. E.g. Reaper has an option to just say "Licensed for personal/small business use" without mentioning details beyond the licensing menus.

Thanks, have a lovely week-end!

jedd

P.S. I'm editing this post because I now notice my real name is also used on this very forum with no option to keep it private. It's... far from ideal I would say?

• AAV

The authenticator is setup to use your forum name. Change that in your account profile and you should be all set. Don't know if you have to re-authenticate or not. It's been a while since I've done this myself.....

• DrJedd

I'm unable to change the account name myself. I need to contact tech support for that.

I don't remember the signup form but maybe specify "public name" as the input field or something, so people are free to choose something else less private.

• AAV

My username here is the same name that my plugs are authorized to. You're logged in so you can change your username regardless......

• AAV

https://soniccharge.com/forum/profile/
    Your registration email, license information should all be accessible from your account page at the top right of this page....

• DrJedd

Thanks for the quick reply. I was able to change my forum username (not at the top right but top left incidently).
    For the plugin interface itself, my full name is still on display as it happens to be my account name. I'm going to message support to get it changed.

Thanks again

• Fredrik Lidström

Hey, as AAV mentioned, you just need to change the profile name and then also re-run the Sonic Charge Authenticator. It will always use the profile name if you have set one.

2024-02-09_20h31_19.png
  • DrJedd

My problem is solved thanks again to both of you!

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.