Synplant 2 not Authorising

Harry Lewis65 views7 posts
  • Harry Lewis

Hello. I recently bought Synplant 2 and I'm trying to activate it on my laptop (Macbook Pro), however, every time I try to authorise it, it doesn't work and says I'm on a 3-week trial for Synplant 1. I've already deleted all of the old files multiple times and uninstalled it multiple times but no luck. Any help would be amazing! Thank you

• Harry Lewis

- Harry Lewis wrote:
    Hello. I recently bought Synplant 2 and I'm trying to activate it on my laptop (Macbook Pro), however, every time I try to authorise it, it doesn't work and says I'm on a 3-week trial for Synplant 1. I've already deleted all of the old files multiple times and uninstalled it multiple times but no luck. Any help would be amazing! Thank you

PS: Oh, I also own BitSpeek and uninstalled that and reinstalled it and everything for that worked fine. I've also tried the manual registration and it keeps telling me that my details are wrong thought I'm just copying them from my account page

• Fredrik Lidström

You mention Synplant v1. Did you download the latest multi-installer from the top of the download page? (2023-10-03)

Also, double-check that you do not have an old Synplant v1 version somewhere. The most thorough method is to uninstall our products. Start your DAW, and make sure there are no Sonic Charge plug-ins. If there are, find it and delete it. Then, install the latest version.

Since you're on Mac, when starting the installer, make sure it says 2023-10-03. If you've opened an older dmg, it sometimes gets stuck, and keep using that dmg instead of the new one.

• Harry Lewis

- Fredrik Lidström wrote:
    You mention Synplant v1. Did you download the latest multi-installer from the top of the download page? (2023-10-03)
    Also, double-check that you do not have an old Synplant v1 version somewhere. The most thorough method is to uninstall our products. Start your DAW, and make sure there are no Sonic Charge plug-ins. If there are, find it and delete it. Then, install the latest version.
    Since you're on Mac, when starting the installer, make sure it says 2023-10-03. If you've opened an older dmg, it sometimes gets stuck, and keep using that dmg instead of the new one.

Hey! Yeah I've downloaded the correct installer and I've completely removed all instances of Synplant files but still no luck

Edit: I've just checked the date of the file and the file I'm downloading is the 23.10.03 version however when I open up the DMG, the installer says it's the 2022-11-25 version

• Fredrik Lidström

Yeah, sorry about that. It's a super annoying bug in Finder that happens with our download. It does not dismount the old DMG correctly and when you try to mount the new one, it just uses the old anyways.

Easiest way to get around it is to remove the old DMG you had. Throw it in trash, empty the trash. Restart the computer. Mount the new DMG.

We think we have figured out how to avoid this in the future. We're gonna try that for the next upcoming service release.

• Harry Lewis

Yeah, sorry about that. It's a super annoying bug in Finder that happens with our download. It does not dismount the old DMG correctly and when you try to mount the new one, it just uses the old anyways.
    Easiest way to get around it is to remove the old DMG you had. Throw it in trash, empty the trash. Restart the computer. Mount the new DMG.
    We think we have figured out how to avoid this in the future. We're gonna try that for the next upcoming service release.

Ah okay no worries! I'll try that now and let you know how it goes.

• Harry Lewis

It worked! Thank you so much for your help <3

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.