Synplant 2 not showing in Renoise

mij64 views7 posts
  • mij

Renoise 3.4.3 can't find Synplant in any VST format or AU (macOS). Oddly, Permut8 shows up fine. In Ableton Live on the same machine, everything works as expected. Any suggestions? Thanks!

• Devon Rose

Did you restart macOS after installing Synplant 2? Did you confirm the installation path is showing Synplant 2 of actually being installed (I'm assuming it would be if Abletone can see it)? You could also try manually adding Synplant2 to renoise as well if it still doesn't want to show up.

• mij

Yes and yes to your questions. But what do you mean by adding Synplant to Renoise manually?

• Devon Rose

https://tutorials.renoise.com/wiki/Plugin#Setting_Up_VST_Paths

• mij

I see, you're talking about the paths to the plugin folders. They're set up correctly, Renoise finds all other plugins, including Permut8.

• Magnus Lidström

Hmmm, it does show up for me.

Are you saying the AU shows up in Ableton Live? MacOS handles AU registration, so typically, you would not expect it to work differently from one DAW to another.

• mij

Ah... that's a bit embarrassing, I just looked in the wrong browser – thought that was the plug-in browser, but it's only the effects. I've found Synplant now in the instruments box in Renoise.

Synplant is the only software synthesizer I have installed, so I evidently didn't know where to look for it. Magnus, please take that as a compliment. :)

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.