Microtonic Channels on Seperate MIDI channels?

anonymous635 views1 post
  • anonymous

Hello, I am a trying to get 6 of the channels on my VCM-600 to be dedicated to each channel on the MicroTonic to make a sort of dedicated hardware interface.

In channel 1 on the VCM600 and have 7 of the knobs dedicated Mix1, Osc Freq1, NfiltFreq1, NenvDecay1, NenvAtk1,OscDcy1,OscAtk1 and that works great. I can right click and assign it AWESOME. However when I go to channel 2 the CC data # is the same and there is no MIDI editor or way to re-program the knobs on the VCM600. So for the Filter on the VCM600 the CC# is #22 and on the MIDI channel that is the same as the VCM channel ie: Mixer channel 1 is MIDI channel 1 and Mixer channel 2 is MIDI channel 2 and so fourth up to 12 channels.

So I am trying to get the Mix1 slider to be assigned to CC#22 and on MIDI Channel 1. Then for the second Drum/Synth Part Get Mix2 Slider assigned to CC#22 MIDI channel 2 on Mixer Channel 2. I have messed with it alot and I dont think this is possible. Macros only has 8 available knobs. I can map it out exactly the way I want it by using Abletons MIDI assignments and thats great but it doesnt save the MIDI assignments for future sessions only for the one being worked on. I can save the MIDI config inside the Microtonic and that saves the MIDI assignments but I run into the problem with the CC#'s being the same but on seperate channels.

Now I can re-program the MIDI controllers when I open a new instance of the Microtonic but Mapping 6ch X 7knobs each time (42 Midi CC) seems like a pain.

I am looking at Max for Live to see if I can get more Macros but I spent all day yesterday trying to get this right without Max. Any Ideas????

Here is the Manual for the VCM-600
    http://help.vestax.co.jp/en/usr_data/file/manual/pdf_computerinterface_manuals/VOM%20-%20VCM-600.pdf

Thanks Guys!

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.