Getting message "This VST not compatible with Live" from Live 11?

kendall martin747 views9 posts
  • kendall martin

1.jpg

So I know this isn't true but I really thought I had downloaded, installed and rescanned all in the right manner. Both Microtonic and Microtonic Multi appear in my VST list under plugins in Ableton 11. But both are generating this message. Ideas?

• Magnus Lidström

- kendall martin wrote:

So I know this isn't true but I really thought I had downloaded, installed and rescanned all in the right manner. Both Microtonic and Microtonic Multi appear in my VST list under plugins in Ableton 11. But both are generating this message. Ideas?

Looks like Windows, right? Make sure you only install the 64-bit versions of our plug-ins if you are using the 64-bit version of Live and likewise, only the 32-bit versions if you are using the 32-bit version of Live.

You select which versions to install on this page in our installer:

Let me know if this solves your problem.

• kendall martin

sadly, no. Yes this is Windows version 21H1 and OS build 19043.1165, 64 bit operating system. I only used 64 bit VST plugin. I rebooted, reinstalled and got the same result. all of the steps of the install went fine, the dll files are in the right location and appear under PlugIns -> VST in LIve 11...

All my other plugins still are working.. ?? ideas ?
    thanks for the help - no fun to debug installs for every OS version under the sun lol

• Magnus Lidström

Very strange. Obviously, our plugins have been tested very thoroughly in Live and it is the number one host that I use myself when developing.

Did you already try a deep-rescan of the plugins by holding down the alt key and clicking the "Rescan Plugins" button in Live's preferences?

• Fredrik Lidström

Try uninstalling and verifying that the plugin is completely gone from Live. Just to make sure there is not another copy in some folder somewhere that gets scanned.

• kendall martin

nothing working yet ... but this did teach me about the deep scan command on rescan so that is good ! Let me follow Fredrik's suggestion further and dig around everywhere to make sure there is no copy in another folder. thank you!

• kendall martin

sorry to be slow on the uptake here... I removed everything, reinstalled and now Live doesn't see the dll for Microtonic plugin even after deep rescan. Even weirder is that I see it say that it is scanning Microtonic in the messages that go flashing by on the deep scan. Definitelin ONLY installed teh 64bit version. Ideas ?

whaat.jpg
  • Magnus Lidström

This is so bizarre!

First, let's make sure that Live is not running in "compatibility mode" (for some ungodly reason). Find the Ableton Live .exe under Program Files, right-click and check this tab:

Second, did you try the release candidate of our latest Microtonic update?

https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/1922-microtonic-3-3-2-public-beta-update?~post9700

Finally, I am beginning to wonder if any of your other plugins interfere with our plugins somehow. Such things have happened before. The way to test this is to temporarily remove all the VST dll's from your plug-in folder except Microtonic and then do a deep rescan in Live.

If nothing else helps we have a special debug build of Microtonic that I would like to send to you that provides log files and diagnostics for us to analyze.

Truly sorry for all the trouble this is causing you.

• kendall martin

I'm sorry for taking up your time ... clearly this is a bug somewhere in my setup . But Live is not in compatibility mode; I uninstalled/reinstalled with the 3.3.2 update and no change.

Now I feel like it is a challenge lol.. if you have a chance plesae do sent the debug build and we'll see what that reveals. Otherwise I'll start trying it out on other machines here and I'm sure I can get it working on those. Joke of it is, this is the newest, best spec'd machine here ! many thanks again.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.