sonic charge VST plugins crashing Ableton 11

Vince Mertes279 views3 posts
  • Vince Mertes

I'm on Mac OSX 10.15.7 using Ableton Suite 11.0.5 (current version as of time of post). VST versions of Synplant, Microtonic, Microtonic Multi, Echobode, and Permut8 are causing crashes in any set they are added to. Sometimes the crash happens as soon as the plugin's UI comes up, and sometimes clicking on any part of the UI will cause the crash instead. Other times I'm able to change a setting or two before the crash occurs.

It seems the AU versions of the plugins do not necessarily have the same issue, but I'm puzzled as to why the VST versions are crashing Ableton.

• Magnus Lidström

Silly question maybe, but I assume you have downloaded and installed the latest versions of everything?

It seems over the last month we have been getting a handful of reports of crashes in Ableton 11, but I have never been able to reproduce this myself nor have I ever received a crash report from anyone. I would really appreciate it if you could help me out with this.

After the next crash, could you please locate the latest zip-file under Library/Application Support/Ableton/Live Reports/ in your home folder and upload here?

• Vince Mertes

It should be the latest versions--I downloaded the latest installer under my account. Curiously if I'm able to get to the "About" page on the plugin, for example VST Microtonic says 3.1.1 in that menu, but using the Get Info in my Plugins > VST folder it says 3.3.1 there. My AU Microtonic is 3.3.1 in the About page in the plugin as well. I've tried deleting the VST plugins and reinstalling from the updater, but this doesn't seem to change.

For me the crash reports are in a different filepath (Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > Ableton > Live Reports). The path starting with Library you mentioned doesn't have an Ableton folder in it on my system, I'm not sure why.

I've attached them all here, though, in case something is different per plugin--reproducing the crashes is consistent for me:

Ableton Crash Report 2021-07-19 091821 Live 11.0.5.zip(587kB, 470 downloads)

Ableton Crash Report 2021-07-19 091914 Live 11.0.5.zip(601kB, 410 downloads)

Ableton Crash Report 2021-07-19 092013 Live 11.0.5.zip(596kB, 491 downloads)
    Ableton Crash Report 2021-07-19 091939 Live 11.0.5.zip(604kB, 419 downloads)

Ableton Crash Report 2021-07-19 092053 Live 11.0.5.zip(606kB, 463 downloads)

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.